Tiger Woods' latest injury comeback appears to be on track after the 14-time major champion released a video of him driving the ball.
The American, who only last month admitted it was possible he may never play competitive golf again as he continues his rehabilitation from back surgery, tweeted a nine-second clip in which he hits a drive while wearing his trademark Sunday red shirt, captioned "Making Progress".
Woods has not played since an abortive return ended in February this year after a birdie-less first round in the Dubai Desert Classic and underwent back surgery for a fourth time in April.
Speaking at a press conference ahead of the Presidents Cup in September, Woods was asked if his career could be over.
He responded: "Yes, definitely. I don't know what the future holds for me.
"Overall, I'm very optimistic how I'm progressing. The pain's gone, but I don't know what my golfing body is going to be like because I haven't hit a golf shot yet.
"So that's going to take time to figure that out and figure out what my capabilities are going forward. And there's no rush.''
Woods has also had problems away from the course, having been arrested on a drink-driving charge in May.
Police footage has emerged of Tiger Woods' arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence, in which he appears dazed and stumbles.Read the full story ›
The golfer has been charged with driving under the influence - but breath tests showed he had no alcohol in his system.Read the full story ›
Tiger Woods has said alcohol was "not involved" in his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence.Read the full story ›
Former world number one Tiger Woods has announced he will return to competitive golf in October.
The former world number one has been out of action since August last year due to serious back problems which have required surgery.
The 40-year-old has now stated his intention to compete at the PGA Tour's Safeway Open in Napa, California.
My rehabilitation is to the point where I'm comfortable making plans, but I still have work to do. Whether I can play depends on my continued progress and recovery. My hope is to have my game ready to go.
I'm looking forward to going to California for my foundation event and Safeway. I'm also excited to return to Turkey and Albany. It could be a fun fall.
It was difficult missing tournaments that are important to me, but this time I was smart about my recovery and didn't rush it. It was great spending time with my children Sam and Charlie, and also working on a lot of projects including golf-course design, the upcoming 20th anniversary of my foundation and my book about the 1997 Masters. But I missed competing. I want to thank all the fans for their kindness and concern. I've been a pro about 20 years, and their support has never waned.
Tiger Woods and a crowd of golf fans went wild when an 11-year-old boy hit a hole-in-one with the first shot on a new course.Read the full story ›
The former world number one Tiger Woods has announced that he will not play golf again this year due to a back injury.
The 39-year-old, who has won 14 majors, said he hopes to be fit enough to compete again early next year.
It is the second time he had undergone back surgery in 18 months.
This is certainly disappointing, but I'm a fighter. I've been told I can make a full recovery, and I have no doubt that I will. This is unfortunate, but these things happen. I've been injured before and played again. It won't be any different this time.
Former world number one Tiger Woods refused to confirm whether his season was over after missing the cut for the third straight major in the US PGA Championship.
Woods added a 73 to his opening 75 when the delayed second round was completed at Whistling Straits on Saturday, finishing two shots outside the cut on four over par.
"I hit it good enough to be where I needed to be, but I putted awful,'' said Woods, who was 17th in the Masters in April but is a combined 22 over par for this year's major championships.
"I finally figured something out today on the putting green, but the damage had already been done. Finally rolled the ball coming in and unfortunately it was too little, too late.''
Asked how much it hurt to make early exits from the US Open, Open Championship and US PGA, Woods said: "It's frustrating to miss any cuts because any time you miss a cut, you don't have a chance to win the event.
At the venue where he stamped his greatness on the sport with the lowest score to par in major golf history, Tiger Woods trudged off the 18th at St Andrews on Thursday with his spectacular decline well and truly validated by the Old Course.
As Jordan Spieth effortlessly assumed the mantle of golf's number one draw with a five-under par 67 and Dustin Johnson went two better with a 65, Woods cut a forlorn figure as he carded a ragged four-over par 76.
On the course where he posted a 19-under par 269 total in 2000, the only 269 on the horizon this week is his room number at the St Andrews Hotel, where he has stayed on every visit since that 2000 success, and even making the cut this week already looks unlikely.
Masters champion Jordan Spieth kept his bid to make history firmly on track as Tiger Woods missed just his fifth cut in 68 majorsRead the full story ›