David Baddiel has said David Cameron does not understand the context of the word "Yid" as the debate over supporter's chants rumbled on.
Gareth Bale has been presented as a Real Madrid player after completing his record-breaking £85.3m move from Tottenham.
Gareth Bale will follow in the footsteps of some famous, and some not-so famous, Britons who have played for Real Madrid.
Three football fans who were facing prosecution for using the word "Yid" have seen the charges against them dropped.
Gary Whybrow, 31, Sam Parsons, 24, and Peter Ditchman, 52, all appeared in a magistrates court after allegedly using the word at Tottenham Hotspur matches last year.
The words could not legally be counted as "threatening, abusive or insulting" in the circumstances, the Crown Prosecution Service said.
Baljit Ubhey from the CPS said: "There is insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction, and that the cases against Peter Ditchman, Gary Whybrow and Sam Parsons should be discontinued."
Former Argentina and Tottenham footballers Ricky Villa and Ossie Ardiles have been involved in a car accident on the Falkland Islands on Monday night.
The South Atlantic News Agency said the pair were on the island to film a documentary for ESPN.
A British military helicopter airlifted Ardiles and Villa, both 61, to a hospital in Stanley shortly after the accident occurred at around 9pm local time, according to the MinutoUno news site.
Four of the injured were discharged from hospital while three remain under observation, the report added.
Arsenal striker Theo Walcott infuriated Tottenham fans by making a 2-0 gesture towards them as he was stretchered off the pitch towards the end of his side's FA Cup third round win.
Goals from Santi Cazorla and Tomas Rosicky sealed the win for the home side.
Walcott was carried from the field after appearing to injure his knee during a challenge late in the game.
Asked about the incident after the match, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "The doctors said to me the coins were raining over his head [from the away fans] and that is why."
Spurs' caretaker boss Tim Sherwood has been appointed as the permanent replacement for sacked Andre Villas-Boas. He has been given an 18 month contract:
The Club can announce that Tim Sherwood has been appointed Head Coach with a contract to the end of the 2014/15 season
The club's chairman, Daniel Levy, said: "We are in the fortunate position of having within our Club a talented coach in Tim Sherwood.
"We believe Tim has both the knowledge and the drive to take the squad forward."
Former Tottenham Hotspurs manager Glenn Hoddle has said he is ready to take on the side for a second time, after Andre Villas-Boas was sacked on Wednesday.
The ex-England boss is second favourite among bookmakers for the post - behind Tim Sherwood - and confirmed his interest in the job.
The 56-year-old sat in the White Hart Lane dugout between 2001 and 2003 and is currently without a club, having last managed at Wolves in 2006.
Speaking on Sky Sports 1 he said: "If I was offered the job, yes I would want to go back, even if it was for the sake of the club. (Interim manager) Tim (Sherwood) is in pole position here."
Andre Villas-Boas has been sacked as manager of Tottenham, the club has announced.
A Tromso supporter was removed from his seat during Tottenham Hotspur's 2-0 Europa League win after Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas took offence to chants of "You're getting sacked in the morning".
Reidar Stenersen Jr, a 29-year-old hairdresser, claims he subjected Villas-Boas to the chants while the score was still goalless.
The Spurs boss, who is under pressure following a poor run of results including a 6-0 hammering at the hands of Manchester City, took offence to the abuse and notified a steward.
The official subsequently asked Stenersen, who was sat behind the Spurs dugout, to move to another stand but he refused, and instead walked out to watch the remainder of the game in a nearby pub.
Stenersen suggested the current scrutiny the manager is under may of contributed to what he called a "petulant" reaction.
"I know he is under a lot of pressure so I think my words hit him, even though I am only a little guy in little Tromso. He was being a bit petulant. This is the same thing that can be sung by 60,000 at the Emirates Stadium or other grounds."
To watch highlights of Tottenham's 2-0 win over Tromso, visit ITV Football
Tottenham Hotspur have insisted medical staff were "totally satisfied" that Hugo Lloris was fit to continue playing against Everton after criticism from Fifa and a leading charity over their decision not to substitute the French goalkeeper.
In a statement, head of medical services Wayne Diesel said: "Once the relevant tests and assessments were carried out we were totally satisfied that he was fit to continue playing."
Leading brain injury charity Headway accused Spurs of showing an "irresponsible and cavalier attitude to a player's health" after manager Andre Villas-Boas failed to substitute the keeper despite losing consciousness following a collision with Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.
The Club also confirmed that Lloris underwent a precautionary CT scan and was subsequently given the all-clear.
Fifa's chief medical officer has insisted Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris should have been substituted after being knocked unconscious during Sunday's match against Everton.
Professor Jiri Dvorak said there was a "99 per cent probability" that Lloris would have been concussed after being knocked out when his head made contact with Romelu Lukaku's knee, and should of been replaced under Fifa's guidelines.
"The player should have been substituted. The fact the other player needed ice on his knee means it's obvious the blow was extensive," Professor Dvorak said.
Andre Villas-Boas praised his goalkeeper's "great character" for wanting to continue, but Dvorak insisted the player's view should not of been taken into account:
"When he has been knocked unconscious, the player himself may not see the reality. I do not know the details but I know that the Premier League doctors are extremely good and I can imagine that the doctor may have recommended he be replaced."
"We have a slogan: if there is any doubt, keep the player out."
Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas has defended his decision not to substitute Hugo Lloris after the goalkeeper suffered a head injury during the draw with Everton on Sunday.
The Portuguese manager praised the goalkeeper's "great character" for wanting to continue, and cited a good late save from Gerard Deulofeu as evidence that he was correct to keep Lloris in the pitch.
"He doesn't remember it so he lost consciousness. It was a big knock but he looked composed and ready to continue."
Speaking after the game, he added: "Hugo seemed assertive and determined to continue and showed great character and personality. We decided to keep him on based on that.
"The call always belongs to me. Brad was ready to come in but the person Hugo is, there were enough signs for him to continue."
Brain injury charity Headway said the Tottenham Hotspur manager's decision was "dangerous" and "irresponsible".