The Prince of Wales's nose proved an irresistible attraction to a toddler whose parents endured watching their home burn to the ground during the Tottenham riots.
Charles returned to the scene of the major disturbance to learn how the area is recovering.
The heir to the throne shared a lighter moment with husband and wife Mehmet and Burcin Akbasak - who lost their home when rioters set fire to the Carpetright building and flats above.
The dramatic pictures of the Tottenham landmark glowing red hot became a iconic image of the August 2011 riots.
In the shadow of the rebuilt building, Charles sympathised with Mr Akbasak and his wife - who are originally from Turkey - as the couple held their twin daughters Kayla and Lara aged 12 months.
Kayla reached out and made a grab for the prince's nose and he leant forward and happily let the toddler play with his face.Mr Akbasak, 33, said: "Both my daughters are friendly but Kayla was quite interested in the prince and they shared a nice moment."
Police are searching for two 12-year-old girls reported missing after a walk to a local bus stop, Scotland Yard said.
Friends Wiktoria Popiel, from Wood Green, and Vitalija Sidlauskaite, from Tottenham, were last seen together on Morley Avenue in Wood Green around 5pm yesterday.
The Metropolitan Police said they may have got on a bus towards Tottenham or have gone to the ice rink at Alexandra Palace.
Wiktoria Popiel is 12 years old and was wearing glasses a brown jacket with fur around the hood, blue jeans and blue Adidas trainers. Wiktoria speaks English and Polish.
Vitalija Sidlauskaite is also 12 years old and was wearing blue jeans and a black jacket. Vitalija speaks English and Russian.
Tottenham star Gareth Bale has failed to report for training for a second consecutive day, with the 24-year-old reportedly pushing for a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid, Press Association Sport understands.
The Welsh forward skipped training on Tuesday and did not turn up to the north London club's Enfield complex today, the news agency reports.
Meanwhile, Wales manager Chris Coleman has included Bale in his 23-man squad for next month's World Cup qualifying double-header against Macedonia and Serbia.
Gareth Bale's proposed world-record transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid has been temporarily put on hold, Press Association Sport reports.
Reports suggested the Welshman would finalise his £93million transfer to the Spanish capital this afternoon.
But it is believed that Spurs are unwilling to sanction the move until they have signed at least one new player.
Tottenham had looked favourites to sign Brazilian player Willian but Chelsea have now entered the race for the midfielder.
A mayor has apologised after she said 2011's riots were "the best thing that's happened" in her community for a while.
Sheila Peacock's comments about Tottenham - dubbed the "epicentre" of the riots two years ago - have upset residents who were forced to flee as homes and businesses burnt.
In an interview for a documentary, the mayor of Haringey - which includes Tottenham - said: "The second riots that we've just had was the best thing that's happened in Tottenham for a while.
"My reason for saying that is all of a sudden the government is now starting to pump money into Tottenham.
"Because Haringey is an out-of-London borough, so we don't get as much money as Islington or Hackney."
Two men have been taken to hospital suffering from gunshot injuries following an incident on the Broadwater Farm Estate in Tottenham, north London.
Police were called to the scene at 11.42pm on Sunday following reports of gunshots. The injured men were taken to a north London hospital, where their conditions were described as "stable".
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said inquiries were continuing and there had been no arrests at this stage.
The Broadwater Farm estate was the scene of rioting in 1985, in which Pc Keith Blakelock died.
Scotland Yard has confirmed that the Independent Police Complaints Commission is to investigate the circumstances of a crash in London which resulted in the death of two men.
The men who were aged 33 and 38 were passengers in a car which collided with a van and a bridge in Haringey, London after it was pursued by police officers.
The driver of the Audi is been questioned on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply class A drugs.
Two men have died after their car crashed while it was being pursued by police. The incident happened just after 2am this morning on Seven Sisters Road in Tottenham. It has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission. Rags Martel reports.
The Metropolitan Police have issued a statement after two men died in a collision early this morning on the Seven Sisters road in North London.