Ten Tunisian consulate staff members who were kidnapped by gunmen on Friday, are reportedly in a "good condition".
Libya's Interior Minister Mohamed Shaiteer told Reuters contact had been made with the gunmen who stormed the consulate offices in Libya.
He said: "I am in contact with the group who abducted the Tunisian staff and hopefully the staff will be freed soon. They are in good condition."
The US embassy staff evacuated from Tripoli travelled to Tunisia by land with security staff.
The State Department said there were no incidents during the move, which was provoked by nearby militia clashes.
Gunmen have stormed the Libyan Parliament and raided the offices of lawmakers, a Parliamentary deputy said.
Gunmen had entered the General National Congress and set the building on fire, according to a Parliamentarian, after heavy gunfire rang out in Libya's capital Tripoli and clashes reportedly erupted in the south of the capital.
The gunfire came after more than 70 people were killed on Friday in clashes between irregular army forces and Islamist militants in Benghazi, the main city in the volatile east.
Kidnappers have freed Libya's deputy intelligence chief a day after he was abducted from Tripoli's international airport, a senior parliamentary security committee official has said.
Mustafa Noah, head of the agency's espionage unit, was bundled into a car on Sunday as he left the airport, security sources said. He had no bodyguards with him at the time.
A suspect has been arrested following the double bombing in Tripoli which killed at least 42 people, according to AP.
Sheik Ahmad al-Ghareeb, who is said to have Sunni ties, appeared in surveillance footage at the site of one of the explosions.
The explosions, which appeared to be coordinated, went off outside two mosques as Friday prayers ended.
The North African branch of al-Qaeda has blamed Lebanese group Hezbollah for the deadly bombings in the city of Tripoli, according to the US-based SITE monitoring service.
AQIM, al-Qaeda's north African branch, said in a tweet that it knew “with certainty” that Hezbollah was responsible for the twin blasts that have killed at least 42 people.
It added: "That vile party... should know that it will meet retribution soon.”
New CCTV footage has emerged of the moment a blast rocked a mosque in Lebanon.
The film shows one of the two mosques targeted in today's blast, just before the explosion in the northern city of Tripoli.
People are then seeing fleeing the mosque after the blast, some apparently stemming wounds as they escape.
It is understood one of the two mosques bombed is usually attended by Sunni cleric Sheikh Salem Rafii, although he was unharmed.
The death toll from Lebanon's Tripoli bombing has risen to 42 people, medical and security sources have told Reuters.
Lebanon's health minister has updated the death toll from today's twin explosions to 27, with at least 358 wounded.