Live updates

Tulisa drug supply probe: We are innocent

Mike GLC, who was arrested and bailed along with Tulisa, spoke outside Belgravia police station this afternoon. He said the pair were innocent and denied he was a drug dealer.

We are innocent. We haven't been charged.

Anyone can edit or chop things together on video.

The truth will come out in the end. I don't want to go into much more detail.

I am going home to be with my family. This is ruining my life. I am not a drug dealer. I have never sold drugs in my life.

Mike GLC added that any evidence caught on camera had been "taken out of context" and the duo were "set up".

Advertisement

Two people bailed after arrest of Tulisa

Officers from Westminster have today, Tuesday 4 June, arrested two people - a 35-year-old man [A] and a 24-year-old woman [B] - by appointment at a central London police station on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.

Both have now been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in late July.

Searches have been completed at two residential addresses.

– Met Police statement

Tulisa arrest days after being dropped as X Factor judge

Just days ago, Tulisa Contostavlos was officially dropped as a judge on The X Factor, with Sharon Osbourne returning to the show in her place.

Sharon Osbourne (left), who will return to The X Factor judging panel to replace Tulisa Contostavlos (right)
Sharon Osbourne (left), who will return to The X Factor judging panel to replace Tulisa Contostavlos (right) Credit: Press Association

Tulisa won an apology last year from a former boyfriend who leaked footage on to the internet of the two of them performing a sex act.

Tulisa arrest follows newspaper allegations

Today’s arrest of former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos comes after the Metropolitan Police said its officers were "considering" information following an article in the Sun on Sunday.

The newspaper suggested Contostavlos had acted as a go-between in a drug deal by introducing a journalist to an alleged supplier.

The report suggested half an ounce of cocaine changed hands as a result of the deal conducted at London's Dorchester Hotel.

Advertisement

Metropolitan Police confirm arrest of 24-year-old

Scotland Yard have confirmed that a 24-year-old woman had been arrested and remained in custody after it emerged former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been held on suspicion of supplying class A drugs.

Officers from Westminster have today, Tuesday 4 June, arrested two people, a 35-year-old man (A) and a 24-year-old woman (B), by appointment at a central London police station on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.

They remain in custody at a central London police station.

Tulisa arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs

Tulisa Contostavlos, 24, pictured last month. Credit: PA

Former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs, according to Press Association sources.

Scotland Yard said yesterday it was "considering" information after a newspaper suggested she had acted as a go-between in the deal by introducing a Sun journalist to an alleged supplier.

Tulisa: 'I won't be part of the X Factor panel this year'

The singer Tulisa Contostavlos has tweeted that she "won't be part of the X Factor panel this year":

1eea5ace5a9dfe85485aa950f1c4b813_normal

Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be part of the X Factor panel this year. I've had a great time (cont) http://t.co/Yc0N71DRz7

Her tweet continues: "Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be part of the X Factor panel this year.

"I've had a great time on the show, but this year it's time to do something different.

"I'd like to thank everyone on The X Factor for two amazing years. Stay tuned as I have a very exciting announcement soon!"

Open auditions for groups for the new series are taking place in London today.

Read the latest X-Factor news on the show's official site

Load more updates

Advertisement

Today's top stories