Merve Büyüksaraç, Miss Turkey in 2006, faces two years in jail after she shared a post on Instagram that allegedly 'insulted' the presidentRead the full story ›
Turkey has criticised British authorities for taking three days to alert the country over the three teenage schoolgirls believed to be on the way to Syria via Istanbul.
Shamima Begum, 15, Kadiza Sultana, 16, and 15-year-old Amira Abase are still missing after they boarded a flight from Gatwick Airport to Istanbul last Tuesday - feared to be intending to join the so-called Islamic State (IS).
Turkish deputy prime minister Bulent Arinc said that British officials would be to blame if the girls cannot be found.
He said: "It is a condemnable act for Britain to let three girls come to Istanbul and then let us know three days later. They haven't taken the necessary measures.
"The search is ongoing. It would be great if we can find them. But if we can't, it is not us who will be responsible, but the British."
Turkey's Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said the military operation to evacuate 38 soldiers who were guarding the tomb of Suleyman Shah involved 100 military vehicles and 39 tanks.
Mr Davutoglu added that Turkey did not seek permission or assistance from other parties ahead of the operation.
The operation was successful, with the 38 soldiers safely back in Turkey, Mr Davutoglu told a news conference in Ankara.
Turkey's Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said the remains of Suleyman Shah have been moved to a different area in Syria which has been brought under the control of the Turkish army.
Turkey's armed forces launched an operation on Saturday night to evacuate soldiers guarding the mausoleum of Suleyman Shah who is the grandfather of the founder of the Ottoman Empire.
Turkey's military said there were no clashes during the operation but one soldier was killed in an 'accident'.
One Turkish soldier was killed in an accident during the operation to evacuate troops from the Suleyman Shah tomb in Syria, two senior Turkish officials told Reuters.
The operation is now complete and Turkish soldiers have been successfully evacuated.
The Turkish military launched an operation into Syria on Saturday night to evacuate Turkish soldiers who were guarding the Suleyman Shah tomb, sources told Reuters news agency.
The Turkish government said late last year that Islamic State militants were advancing on the mausoleum, which is guarded by several dozen Turkish soldiers.
The tomb was made Turkish territory under a treaty signed with France in 1921, when France ruled Syria. Turkey regards it as sovereign territory and had repeatedly vowed to defend it from any attack by the insurgents.
Men have posted "miniskirt selfies" to protest against the murder of a woman who allegedly fought off an attempt to rape her.Read the full story ›
The President of Turkey has vowed to punish attackers who stabbed and beat a woman to death when she tried to fight off a man trying to rape her, amid calls for the death penalty to be reinstated in response to the case.
Describing violence against women as the "bleeding wound" of the country, President Tayyip Erdogan said he would "go all out" to make sure the perpetrators were handed "the heaviest sentences".
The woman, named as 20-year-old Ozgecan Aslan, was travelling home on a minibus in Mersin province on February 11 when a man tried to rape her.
Reports state when she retaliated with pepper spray, he stabbed and beat her to death with an iron bar, before enlisting two others - believed to be his father and a friend - to help dispose of the body.
Three people, including a 26-year-old man, have been arrested.
The brutal killing has sparked protests across Turkey, with women nationwide wearing black and the hashtags #sendeanlat and #OzgecanAslan trending worldwide.
Some politicians have also spoken out to say they believe the death penalty should be reinstated.
An explosion hit an area near a Turkish police checkpoint in the southeastern town of Suruc, the private Dogan news agency reported.
The town is near the border with Syria and around six miles (10km) north of the Syrian town of Kobani, which was recently seized from Islamic State militants.
Some people were wounded but no numbers were immediately available.