A Wales international rugby player has apologised after he "blacked-up" as a Swansea City footballer for a fancy dress photograph.Read the full story ›
Flooding and broken down trains have meant more mid-winter misery for travellers with heavy early morning rain sweeping in.
Rail services in Wales and Scotland were affected by the poor weather, with the Met Office issuing a yellow "be aware" warning for today, and a high probability of severe cold weather, icy conditions and some snow continuing until Sunday morning.
Due to flooding between Machynlleth/Newtown Powys line is closed.
To add to commuters' difficulties, three Underground lines had severe rush-hour delays, while drivers in Scotland, North Wales and the North of England were warned to allow extra time for their journeys due to ice on the road.
Irish Ferries has cancelled a number of services between Holyhead in North Wales and Dublin.
Click here to see which services are affected.
Visitors to a Cardiff winter fair described how a thrill ride turned into a nightmare when the wind suddenly picked up.
Chairs hanging from the 60-metre high Sky Swing began crashing into each other. ITV News Wales Correspondent Rupert Evelyn reports.
A survey found many of us still have alcohol, Christmas pudding and pickled onions left over from last year.Read the full story ›
A Coroner has said that decision to use kidneys from a donor who it was believed had died from meningitis was correct.
Two men from south Wales died after receiving donor kidneys that turned out to carry a deadly parasitic worm.
The organs implanted in Darren Hughes and Robert 'Jim' Stuart had been rejected by several other hospitals before they were eventually used.
Coroner finds there was no failure by the surgeon to accept the kidneys or make the decision on his own to do so
Many surgeons would have accepted the kidneys for transplant - coroner
Coroner "preferred the evidence" of a doctor over the family version of events about consent to the operation
A victim of care home paedophile John Allen has said he hopes his abuser dies in prison after being handed a life sentence today.
Stephen Fong, now 50, branded Allen a "monster" who "physically, mentally and racially" abused him in the mid 1970s.
Speaking outside Mold Crown Court, he said: "It's fantastic to know that after so many years we have got the verdicts we wanted. Hopefully now we can put this to bed."
Some of Allen's 19 victims, which he abused over three decades at care homes in Wales, went on to lead "sad and troubled lives," judge Mr Justice Openshaw said.
One turned to drink and became homeless, some had nervous breakdowns and a number had attempted suicide. While one said Allen "had been with him every second of his life".
Allen, 73, must serve at least 11 years before he will even be eligible for parole.
Sentencing John Allen, judge Mr Justice Openshaw said: "There have no doubt been more prolific offenders, but seldom can there be so many grave offences committed on so many victims over a long period of time, causing so much anguish and misery."
Most of the complainants came from "dysfunctional, chaotic" backgrounds, he said; were miles from home - if they had one - and were in need of care and protection.
Instead they were subjected to a regime of violence and intimidation ran by a "powerful man" whom one victim described as "like a god".
Allen, who has always maintained his innocence, showed no emotion as he was led from the dock.
A former children's home boss has been handed a life sentence for abusing 19 children in his care.
John Allen, 73, was convicted by a jury last week at Mold Crown Court of committing historical offences against 18 boys and one girl, aged between seven and 15, at residential properties in and around Wrexham.
He must serve a minimum of 11 years before he can be considered for release.
An investigation is to be launched after a 13-year-old boy raped a classmate after a sex education lesson at school.
The boy, from Gwynedd in North Wales, admitted at Dolgellau Youth Court earlier this month, attacking the girl of the same age.
He was given a 12-month referral order and placed on the sex offenders list for 30 months.
Gwynedd Council is to hold an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the incident, which happened in 2012.
A council spokesperson said: "Now that the legal process has been concluded, we will be working with North Wales Police and other relevant partners to carry out a detailed review of the incident to identify whether there are any lessons to be learnt."