A 49-year-old man has been arrested after police discovered 'chemicals and ammunition' during an ongoing investigation in Walwyn Road, Colwall near Malvern.
A small number of residents were evacuated immediately from their homes and a cordon was put in place while officers carried out further work at the property.
A full investigation is now under way following the man's arrest and inquiries are being made to establish the exact nature of the chemicals.
The police have stressed that there is nothing to suggest that this is in any way linked to any terrorist activity.
We are receiving assistance from the Army and Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue to make sure all the items are removed and made safe.
We would like to reassure members of the public that the incident has been contained and that no-one has been injured.
Villagers have been evacuated from their homes and others told to stay indoors due to an ongoing police incident.
Residents in Colwall, near Malvern, Worcestershire, reported seeing a bomb disposal team in the area.
It follows three days of police activity surrounding a house in the village.
West Mercia Police said it was "necessary to evacuate residents from a small number of properties" following "an ongoing investigation into an incident at a property".
One resident, Tim Dixon, said part of "sleepy Colwall" had become a hub of police activity.
Budget supermarket Aldi has recalled one of its staple chocolate sweets after salmonella was detected.
Customers are being urged to return all 200g packs of Choceur Treasures sold in the Midlands with a 'best before' date of September 1, 2015, due to the bacteria being found in one batch which went on to be sold at stores across the region.
The Choceur Treasures are whole hazelnuts wrapped in waffle and milk chocolate. The Food Standards Agency has now issued a formal Product Recall Information Notice.
No other Choceur or Aldi products are known to be affected.
Officers in the West Midlands have released a picture of a woman who they believe was involved in a fight at a police charity boxing night.Read the full story ›
A threat to kidnap and kill a police officer was not terror-related or credible, West Midlands Police say.
We continue to investigate the circs behind the call but our assessment is that it was not terrorist related or a credible kidnap threat.
A 31-year-old man who was arrested as part of the investigation into the threat that led to a major security alert in the region has been "eliminated from police enquiries".
However, he remains in custody over immigration matters.
West Midlands Police said it was continuing to investigate the call that was made.
A man remains in custody following his arrest in connection with an investigation into terror threats made to West Midlands Police officers.
The 31-year-old was arrested at a house in the region by officers at the Counter Terrorism Unit.
Police have not confirmed the specific details of the case, but did not deny reports that there had been a threat to kidnap and kill a police officer.
Counter terrorism officers tonight arrested a man in the west Midlands, after a threat was made to kidnap and kill a serving police officer.
The threat was phoned into force there overnight. New safety advice has now been given to its officers, who have been told not to wear uniforms when travelling to work.
ITV News UK Editor Rohit Kachroo reports:
A 31 year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation into threats made to West Midlands Police officers and staff yesterday.
BREAKING: A 31-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation into threats made to @wmpolice officers and staff.
Police said that the man was arrested at a property in the West Midlands by officers from the Counter Terrorism Unit, who are leading the investigation.
West Midlands Police says the tip-off from a member of the public that led to a security alert last night came from an anonymous source but contained "credible information".
Assistant Chief Constable Garry Forsyth said the force had "acted swiftly to relay details to officers and remind them over the importance to remain vigilant."
He added that the information did not indicate any risk to the wider public and "there was no increased risk to people".
We took steps last night to ensure the safety of our officers and staff: some were held on duty at the end of their shifts whilst they were given the security reminder but at no time were officers taken off the streets.