After documenting Obama's eight years in the White House, Pete Souza has released a collection titled 'Obama: An Intimate Portrait'.Read the full story ›
The President's official residence was transformed as military children and pupils at local schools queued up for trick-or-treating.Read the full story ›
Sean Spicer admits he made a big mistake in comparing atrocities and distracted from the US president's "unbelievable" couple of weeks.Read the full story ›
AP reporters said a draft memo proposed the US President could mobilise as many as 100,000 National Guard troops in 11 US states.Read the full story ›
The White House was partially locked on its north side down after an alert over a suspicious package, a Secret Service official has said.
Barack Obama was in the building at the time of the lockdown on Monday, triggered when an individual threw a metal object over the fence.
Secret Service Uniformed Division officers immediately apprehended the individual without incident. All protective sweeps of the metal object were met with negative results," spokesman Shawn Holtzclaw said in an emailed statement.
He confirmed that the lockdown was lifted after the checks and the White House has now returned to normal.
Local news radio station WTOP reported that one person was in custody, citing a federal law enforcement official.
The alert came during the Memorial Day holiday, remembering members of the armed forces who have died in the course of service.
Obama had visited Arlington Cemetery earlier in the day as part of the annual commemoration.
US Republican Presidential candidate Ben Carson has officially suspended his bid for the White House.
The retired neurosurgeon said he did not see a "political path forward" after his rival Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton triumphed on Super Tuesday.
He formally ended his campaign on Friday.
The man jumped the fence while the president and his family were inside celebrating Thanksgiving but was quickly apprehended.Read the full story ›
President Obama has reversed plans to bring home the vast majority of US troops in Afghanistan at the end of 2016, with more than half of the current deployment of 9,800 troops set to remain in the country, NBC News has reported.
Mr Obama had originally hoped to leave 1,000 troops to solely protect the American embassy in Kabul after declaring the war in Afghanistan to be over.
But after several months of discussions, including with Afghanistan president Ashraf Ghani, Mr Obama has accepted the military and political consensus is to keep a presence of 5,500 troops beyond next year to fight the twin threats from al Qaeda and Islamic State.
Senior White House officials told NBC News the short-lived loss of the city of Kunduz to militants was not the main factor in Mr Obama's decision - which will be officially announced later - but confirmed they were watching Kunduz closely.
The additional troops will be housed at bases in Bagram, Jalalabad, and Kandahar and continue to operate a "limited mission" of counter-terrorism alongside the training of Afghan forces at an additional cost of around $4.6 billion (£3 billion).
The White House says it has joined the music streaming service Spotify, with President Barack Obama choosing its first playlist.Read the full story ›
The White House was briefly put on lockdown after a woman jumped over a barricade that is in front of the presidential mansion's fence.
The woman, who was not identified, was arrested by Secret Service officers and the lockdown was lifted, according to CBS News.