Yaya Toure has demanded his Manchester City team-mates do not get distracted by all the praise they are receiving for their flying start.Read the full story ›
Yaya Toure has expressed his desire to see out the rest of his career at Manchester City.Read the full story ›
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure was critical of the standard of officiating in their 2-1 FA Cup semi-final loss to Arsenal.Read the full story ›
Yaya Toure's agent has revealed he has opened negotiations with other clubs over the Manchester City midfielder's future.
And Dimitri Seluk has even claimed he would be open to an offer from rivals Manchester United for the 33-year-old.
Toure is one of six City players out of contract at the end of the season and has been free to speak to different clubs since January.
Until now he had not been doing so but Seluk told Sky Sports the situation has changed.
From yesterday we officially started negotiating with different clubs about his future.
We waited until March 15 for what Manchester City will say but until now Manchester City don't say anything. Before March, we didn't negotiate with anybody because Yaya does a lot with Manchester City, so we waited.
But we cannot wait until the last minute, until June, and have no negotiations with anybody.
Some clubs have contacted me. Now we have three options. I don't speak about Yaya and China or the MLS. He will play in Europe. I have spoken with clubs in different countries - Italy and Spain.
I said to Manchester City that we will start negotiations with other clubs about the future of Yaya. After that, if Manchester City want, they can start negotiations. If they don't want then we will find another club.
Yaya can, tomorrow, sign a contract with another club and after that for Manchester City it is too late.
Why not [Manchester United]? Jose Mourinho is a very good coach. Zlatan Ibrahimovic was together with Yaya in Barcelona.
I understand this is two clubs who are rivals but for me, for example, this is not a problem from Yaya or from me. This problem will be from Manchester City staff.
Yaya Toure believes some critics are waiting for Manchester City to fail as they prepare to go full throttle in Monaco this week.
City seem to have put the inconsistencies of the autumn and early winter behind them by going 11 games unbeaten since a humbling 4-0 loss at Everton in January.
That has put them in good heart for the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie against the Ligue 1 leaders, into which they will take a 5-3 aggregate lead, on Wednesday.
But midfielder Toure feels the momentum must be maintained to keep the knockers off their backs.
When you're a winner and when you want to achieve important things you have to work hard. Sometimes it's difficult but you have to be positive because we know people are waiting for us to fail. What we have to do is try to keep going, working hard.
We are playing very well at the moment and we have a team that plays mostly attractive games and sometimes the pundits are waiting to analyse.
But, okay, it's part of the game, and in football now. Ten or 20 years ago it wasn't the same but today we just have to do our job.
We are playing well but in the end winning is the most important thing.
Yaya Toure believes Manchester City will have to score at least two more against Monaco to reach the Champions League quarter-finals.Read the full story ›
Yaya Toure says the excitement of rejoining Manchester City's title challenge has made him feel like a child again.
Toure, frozen out by Pep Guardiola earlier in the season and seemingly heading towards an inglorious City exit, has gone from being neglected to almost undroppable in the space of six weeks.
Surprisingly brought back from the cold by Guardiola after the resolution of a row with his agent in November, Toure has regained his old place at the heart of City's midfield engine room.
He delivered his latest impressive display as City overcame Hull 3-0 at the KCOM Stadium on Boxing Day to stay seven points behind Premier League leaders Chelsea.
The 33-year-old said: "I look like a kid, just enjoying playing football and helping my team-mates and the fans. It's very important to me.
"I'm used to winning Premier Leagues, and I think it's second two times, and I want to win another.
"I know it's going to be tough but we have to keep going because Chelsea are very good this year."
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has admitted to drink-driving, but insisted he did not deliberately consume alcohol.Read the full story ›
Yaya Toure has vowed to keep working hard following his Manchester City recall.
The midfielder was frozen out of the first-team picture by manager Pep Guardiola in September following comments by his agent, Dimitri Seluk.
But Toure, 33, apologised and was brought back in for the Premier League victory at Crystal Palace a fortnight ago.
He retained his place for last week's win at Burnley and was among the substitutes for Saturday's big clash with Chelsea.
Speaking in the matchday programme, Toure said: "On a personal level, I have to keep working because Pep is a very, very professional person and he really loves football.
"I think that the most important thing for me is to keep working hard - those who work hardest always have more opportunities to play. I'm delighted to play, I always want to play and help my team-mates."
Four-time winner Yaya Toure has failed to make the five-man shortlist for the African Player of the Year award.
The Manchester City midfielder has just returned to favour with his club, making his first Premier League appearance of the season on Saturday and scoring twice in a 2-1 win at Crystal Palace.
His long period of inactivity has seen Toure, who was angry at not winning the last African award, miss out on selection from the voting panel.
Premier League stars Riyad Mahrez, Sadio Mane and Islam Slimani are among the five in contention for the prize, along with defending winner Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and former Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah.
The award winner will be announced on January 5, the African football confederation (CAF) said.