A teenager has denied murdering seven-year-old Katie Rough, who was found dead with lacerations to her body in York last month.Read the full story ›
A dinner lady has been jailed after stealing nearly £100,000 from the school where she had worked for 20 years.Read the full story ›
A father who must give police 24 hours' notice before he has sex is planning to go on hunger strike in protest at the "extreme" order.Read the full story ›
The Health Secretary has ordered an investigation after Pamela Hudson, 75, died after being "gnawed by a rat 50 times" at a care home.Read the full story ›
A pensioner died three months after allegedly being bitten more than 50 times by a rat as she slept at a council-run care home.Read the full story ›
Three men arrested on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence have been released on bail.
The men, who are aged in their 50s and from the York area, were held in custody while being interviewed by detectives from the Major Crime Unit.
Although they have been released from custody, the case remains active and enquiries are ongoing.
A man arrested on suspicion of the murder of Claudia Lawrence has been released on bail.
Police have renewed their appeal not to identify the individual in his 50s over concerns doing so would harm the investigation.
Police questioning a man on suspicion of murdering missing chef Claudia Lawrence say they have finished searching a property linked to his arrest.
North Yorkshire Police arrested the suspect yesterday in connection with Miss Lawrence's disappearance in 2009.
He remains in custody this morning.
A spokesman said searches at a linked property were completed last night.
Police investigating the disappearance of York chef Claudia Lawrence could be seen searching a semi-detached house in a quiet cul-de-sac in the city on Monday afternoon, following the arrest of an unnamed man on suspicion of murder.
Two police community support officers and police vans were stationed at the entrance to the road, which contains 10 houses, as the unnamed man, who is in his 50s, remains in custody after being arrested on Monday afternoon.
Officers entered and left the house throughout the afternoon and spent some time searching in the detached garage.
No-one else appeared to be at the property and the curtains were drawn in the bay windows to the front of the building.
Neighbours said they believed a man lived in the house with his wife.
One woman, who did not want to be identified, said: "They're a nice couple. I was really surprised, really shocked to see the police searching the house. "This is a nice road, we all look out for each other."
A police spokesman said searches are being carried out in relation to the York University chef's disappearance and are expected to continue for a number of days.
The arrest in the Claudia Lawrence investigation comes a week after police released new CCTV footage of two people walking near the missing chef's home on the night of her disappearance.
The footage, filmed at 7.15pm on Wednesday 18 March 2009, showed an area near an alleyway at the rear of Miss Lawrence's terraced house in York.
North Yorkshire Police did not confirm whether a man in his 50s, arrested this morning on suspicion of murder, was one of the two people in the CCTV footage.
A force spokesman said investigations are ongoing following today's arrest.
North Yorkshire Police are urging anyone with information on the individuals featured in the CCTV to get in contact with them by calling them on 101, selecting option one, and passing the details on to the Force Control Room, or by calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or online.
Watch the CCTV here:
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.