The Swedish video blogger used the n-word during an expletive-laden tirade while playing a computer game.Read the full story ›
The feature is usually seen as an annoyance for users and the company said it plans to focus on shorter ad formats.Read the full story ›
Calum McSwiggan is accused of lying about being attacked by three men in West Hollywood.Read the full story ›
Couple behind BFvsGF channel say they are taking a break after the pressure of constantly posting videos took a toll on their relationship.Read the full story ›
The funeral of Motörhead frontman Lemmy will be streamed live via YouTube, the band has announcedRead the full story ›
YouTube superstar PewDiePie talks to ITV News about his new book of "inspirational" quotes, the secret to his success, and his fans.Read the full story ›
As YouTube celebrates 10 years since it opened its site to the public, we look at 10 of high, low and off-lights of the video site.Read the full story ›
The stars of "Charlie bit my finger" reveal they have not been changed by their internet stardom as YouTube celebrates its 10th birthday.Read the full story ›
Turkey has blocked access to Twitter and YouTube over the publication of photographs of an Istanbul prosecutor held at gunpoint by far-left militants hours before he was killed in a shootout last week, officials said.
Presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin said a prosecutor had sought the block on access to social media sites because some media organizations had acted "as if they were spreading terrorist propaganda" in sharing the images.
This has to do with the publishing of the prosecutor's picture. What happened in the aftermath (of the prosecutor's killing) is as grim as the incident itself.
The demand from the prosecutor's office is that this image not be used anywhere in electronic platforms.
Istanbul prosecutor Mehmet Selim Kiraz died from his wounds last Tuesday after security forces stormed the office where members of the far-left Revolutionary People's Liberation Party-Front (DHKP-C) had taken him hostage.
The DHKP-C had published a picture of Kiraz with a gun to his head and said it would kill him unless its demands were met.
"A request has been made to both Twitter and YouTube for the removal of the images and posts but they have not accepted it and no response has been given. That's why this decision has been taken through a court in Istanbul," a senior Turkish official told Reuters.
Twitter and YouTube could not immediately be reached for comment.
Britain's political parties have started borrowing online tactics more at home in a US presidential race to get their points across.Read the full story ›