The announcement will be made formerly at 09:30 CET today during the Nissan press conference at the Geneva Motor Show by Nissan Executive Vice President Andy Palmer.
Some details have already been released by Nissan about the new car:
- New compact car to be built in Sunderland from mid-2013
- INVITATION concept unveiled at Geneva to inspire new production car
- Model to compete in the mainstream "core B-segment"
- Major investment of £125m
- Project supported by £9.3m grant offer from UK Government
- Model to create 2,000 new jobs at Nissan and among suppliers
- Workforce at Sunderland Plant to increase to a record 6,000
First look at the Invitation compact car by Nissan.