Newcastle United winger Hatem Ben Arfa has been nominated for the 2012 FIFA Puskás Award for his sublime solo goal against Blackburn last season.
The 25-year-old's strike has been voted as one of the ten best goals scored around the world in this calendar year. Among the other scorers on the list is Barcelona star Lionel Messi, Athletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, and Santos forward Neymar.
The public have until November 29 to vote for their favourite goal. The three goals with the most votes will then be shortlisted, and entered into a second round of voting. The winner will be announced at the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2012 Gala on 7 January 2013.
The full shortlist is as follows:
- Agyemang Badu (Ghana v Guinea) - 1 Feb 2012
- Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United v Blackburn Rovers) - 7 Jan 2012
- Radamel Falcao (América de Cali v Athletico Madrid) - 19 May 2012
- Eric Hassli (Vancouver Whitecaps v Toronto FC) - 16 May 2012
- Olivia Jimenez (Mexico v Switzerland) - 22 Aug 2012
- Gastón Mealla (Nacional Potosí v The Strongest) - 29 Jan 2012
- Lionel Messi (Brazil v Argentina) - 9 June 2012
- Neymar (Santos v Internacional) - 7 March 2012
- Moussa Sow (Fenerbahçe v Galatasaray) - 17 March 2012
- Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahçe v Gençlerbirligi) - 3 March 2012
The FIFA Puskás Award was created in 2009 to recognise the player who scored the most eye-catching goal of the year. The award is named after former Hungary and Real Madrid striker Ferenc Puskás, who scored a once world record of 84 goals in 85 internationals. Puskás is widely recognised as one of the most prolific forwards of all time.
Past winners of the award include Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009, Hamit Altintop in 2010, and Neymar in 2011.
You can watch this year's nominees at FIFA.com.