The number of people having gun licences approved in County Durham has fallen.
Many more licences are being refused after recommendations made in the wake of the Horden shootings.
Susan McGoldrick, her sister Alison Turnbull and niece Tanya Turnbull all died on 1st January 2012. They were shot dead by Susan's partner, Michael Atherton.
An IPCC report was later critical of Durham police allowing Atherton to have a licence despite being known to the police.
- 2011 - 12 new shotgun licences refused
- 2012 - 21 new shotgun licenses refused
- 2011 - 0 shotgun license renewals refused
- 2012 - 8 shotgun license renewals refused
- 2011 - 18 shotgun licenses revoked
- 2012 - 40 shotgun licenses revoked
- 2011 - 0 firearms licences renewals refused
- 2012 - 3 firearms licences renewals refused
- 2011 - 4 firearms certificates revoked
- 2012 - 20 firearms certificates revoked