Hartlepool United boss John Hughes and defender Peter Hartley have been named npower League One Manager and Player of the Month for February.
The awards come on the back of a remarkable run of form for Pools. Of their six league games during last month, the club took 14 points from a possible 18. Lifting Hartlepool to just six points adrift of safety despite them spending the majority of the season at the bottom of the table.
Hughes took over from Neale Cooper at Victoria Park in November last year. Since his arrival, Hartlepool have gone from almost relegation certainties to genuine survival contenders. Meanwhile 24-year-old Hartley has been instrumental in his side's recent upturn in fortunes, and scored vital goals during the victories over Notts County and Leyton Orient.
npower Partnership and Sponsorship Manager Katy Thomas said:
– Katy Thomas, npower Partnership and Sponsorship Manager
"It was clearly a great month for Hartlepool United, both in the dugout and on the pitch.
"It's still going to be an uphill battle to avoid relegation, but after a month like this, I'm sure they'll be brimming with confidence and up for the challenge."
HARTLEPOOL'S FABULOUS FEBRUARY
- Hartlepool United 2-1 Notts County - Sat 2nd
- Swindon Town 1-1 Hartlepool United - Sat 9th
- Hartlepool United 0-0 Portsmouth - Tue 12th
- Hartlepool United 2-1 Leyton Orient - Sat 16th
- Scunthorpe United 1-2 Hartlepool United - Sat 23rd
- Hartlepool United 3-0 Crewe Alexandra - Tue 26th