Police have released a breakdown of those arrested before, during and after Sunday's derby match as they continue to appeal for information about the disorder.
A total of 29 people were arrested throughout the day - including four arrests in Sunderland.
Arrests before the match in Newcastle
- Three men aged 40, 37 and 27 were arrested for affray
- A 31-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct
- 31-year-old Craig McGee from Durham has been charged with causing fear or provocation of violence
Arrests during the match at St James' Park**
- Two men aged 21 and 20-years-old were arrested for public order offences
- A 31-year-old man was arrested for possessing a firework or flare at a sports event
- A 21-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct
- 27-year-old Michael Briggs from Seaham has been charged with being drunk and disorderly
- 24-year-old Daniel Purvis from Jarrow has beencharged with possessing a firework or flare at a sports event
- 21-year-old Craig Lee Stanworth from Ferryhill has been charged with disorderly conduct
Arrests in Sunderland
- Two men aged 30 have been given fixed penalty notices for being drunk and disorderly
- 21-year-old Anthony Paul Holyoak from Roker has been charged with being drunk and disorderly
Arrests after the match in Newcastle
- Three men aged 32, 20 and 44, and a woman aged 21, received penalty notices for being drunk and disorderly
- A 25-year-old man received a summons for being drunk and disorderly
- Four men have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder - including a 45-year-old who was arrested following an incident involving a police horse.