The earlier breast cancer is picked up, the easier it is to treat.
The first symptom for many women is finding a lump. Other changes that could be due to breast cancer are:
- A thickening in an area of the breast
- A change in the size or shape of a breast
- Dimpling of the skin
- A change in the shape of your nipple, particularly if it turns in, sinks into the breast, or has an irregular shape
- A blood stained discharge from the nipple
- A rash on a nipple or surrounding area
- A swelling or lump in your armpit
These symptoms don't necessarily mean cancer, but should always be checked out.
Cancer Research UK has more information on their website.