Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has revealed that midfielder Yohan Cabaye has been disciplined for his conduct after a summer bid from Arsenal.
The Gunners made a reported offer of around £10 million for the France international in August, which was swiftly rejected by Newcastle. However, Pardew admitted that the player's "head had been turned" by Arsenal's interest and the 27-year-old was dropped from the Magpies squad at the start of the season.
But after a move to the Emirates failed to materialise, Cabaye is now back in the Newcastle team and made his first start of the new campaign during the club's 2-1 win over Aston Villa last weekend.
Cabaye publicly apologised to Newcastle supporters this week and has now been disciplined by the club for actions. Pardew would not reveal the extent of the punishment, but says it was "accepted in good faith". He said:
Cabaye is expected to play in Newcastle's Premier League match at home to Hull City on Saturday.