Police have confirmed that a body recovered from Windermere is that of missing student Matthew Jordan, 20, from Middlesbrough, who disappeared during a trip to the Lake District with friends in March.
- Matthew Jordan was last seen at 1am on March 27th at the Stag's Head pub in Bowness-on-Windermere. CCTV showed him running out the door.
- Matthew's mother Clare issued an emotional appeal for help with the search for her son
- Volunteers began helping with the search, including setting up a Facebook page, which now has thousands of members.
- A set of clothes were found by the side of the lake, which were later found not to belong to Matthew.
- After more than two weeks, on April 15th, a body was found and recovered from Windermere, not far from where Matthew was last seen. Matthew's parents were asked to identify the body.
- Cumbria Police confirmed the body was Matthew Jordan and thanked volunteers for their efforts in helping with the search.