Two bands from the nineties - All Saints and Texas - along with the singer Gabrielle are the headline acts at this summer's Sound Waves Festival, which is held on the 23rd August at South Shields.
The festival is the culmination of a summer of music on South Tyneside, which also includes weekly outdoor concerts held on consecutive Sundays in July with B*Witched and Shayne Ward, 10cc and the former M People singer Heather Small.
The full run-down of events
- *June - *live music at the Amphitheatre, Sea Road, every Thursday and Sunday
- *July 5th - *carnival parade through South Shields, with a Get Active theme
- July 6th - family fun day with more live music
- July 6th - Proms in the Park at South Marine Park
- July and August - brass band concerts at various venues
- July 13th - B*Witched and Shayne Ward, free outdoor concert at Bents Park
- July 20th - 10cc, free outdoor concert at Bents Park
- July 27th - Heather Small, free outdoor concert at Bents Park
- August 23rd - Sound Waves Festival - tickets: £30 adults, £20 ages 5-17
All the events are organised by South Tyneside Council, which said it was "delighted" to have secured such high-profile acts.
Local bands and singers will also perform, including soul singer Lulu James rock band The Waiters, who are both also from South Tyneside.
Tickets for Sound Waves 2014 are available from The Customs House, South Shields on 0191 4541234, The Stadium of Light Box office on 0871 911 1973, Ticketmaster on 0844 8440444 and the Visitor Information Centre at Haven Point, South Shields.