Researchers have discovered a list of 50 things Newcastle residents would change if they could live their lives again.
The biggest regret, expressed by 40% of people, was not being better with money, while a further 31% said they wished they’d made more of an effort to stay fit, according to the research commissioned by 16-25 Railcard.
When it comes to matters of the heart, 13% said they wished they hadn't stayed in an unhappy relationship, while 12% said they would marry the one that got away if they had their time again.
15% percent said they wished they had pushed themselves harder at work.
45% of those who took part in the study admitted regularly starting sentences with ‘If I had my time again’.
Here are the top ten regrets of Newcastle residents.
- 1. I would save more
- 2. I wouldn’t waste so much money
- 3. I would be better with money
- 4. I would make more effort to stay fit
- 5. I would travel the world
- 6. I would go on more exotic holidays
- 7. I would travel more within Europe
- 8. I would explore more of the UK
- 9. I would go on more weekend breaks
- 10. I would work harder at school