- Now clear after an earlier accident between A1027 (Norton Interchange, Billingham) and A689 (Wolviston)
- Delays prior to Easington Services - lane one closure. Broken down HGV.
- Police currently dealing with two stuck HGVs at A19 Testos Roundabout. HGVs are now being diverted from the A184 onto the A194 then onto A1. Avoid the area if possible until police are able to clear the road.
- Blocked due to broken down lorries and snow between A690 Durham Road / B1286 City Way (Herrington Interchange) and B1404 Seaton Lane.
- Blocked at Peterlee due to a jackknifed lorry.
- Two lanes are blocked and there's queueing traffic due to an accident on the A1(M) northbound at J63 A167 / A183 (Chester-le-Street).
- One lane closed on exit slip road due to broken down vehicle at J53 A6136 Gatherley Road (Catterick North).
- Stationary traffic due to rolling road block and broken down vehicle between J58 A68 (Burtree) and J59 A167 (Aycliffe).
- One lane blocked and queueing traffic due to accident on A1(M) Southbound before J62 A690 (Carrville).
- A1 Northbound lane closed on entry slip road from one, queueing traffic due to accident around A1068 Fisher Lane / A19 / B1318 Front Street (Seaton Burn Roundabout).
A66 both directions
- Due to hazardous weather conditions, the A66 from Bowes to Brough has been closed to all vehicles.
Ormesby Bank, Middlesbrough
- Now open after a broken down lorry caused long tailbacks.
- The weather is particularly bad in Harrogate, Craven and Richmond. Dirvers are being warned to take extra care in these area.
- The A66 Westbound closed due to jackknifed lorry between Hargill / Moor Road (Gilling West) and New Lane (Ravensworth).
Virgin East Coast Trains
- Delays of up to 50 minutes between Kings Cross and Retford due to obstruction on the line at Stevenage and a speed restriction because of high winds.
Northern Powergrid, restored power to around 5,000 customers overnight following a busy night as a result of heavy snow in the North East.
The A68 through Redesdale in Northumberland is clear but motorists appear to be avoiding the roads in this area.