Live updates

A jungle message from Ant & Dec

Ant & Dec are lost in the Jungle. Will they make it back to camp in time for the celebrity arrivals?

The new I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! promo will launch tomorrow night during The X Factor on ITV.

In the meantime, here's a video message from Ant & Dec:

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

The new series of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! starts next month on ITV.

The line-up announcement will be revealed closer to transmission.

Nissan: Decision on Qashqai in Sunderland due next month

Nissan chief executive Carlos Ghosn with a Qashqai model. Credit: PA

Nissan say they'll make a decision on the future production of their new Qashqai model as early as next month.

It comes after the company's Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn told reporters in Japan that he can now "look at the future of Sunderland with more ease" following reassurances from the British government.

A report by the news agency Reuters says that Carlos Ghosn will make a decision as early as next month:

We're not asking for any advantage (from the British government), but we don't want to lose any competitiveness no matter what the discussions,"

Ghosn said he had received reassurance that the British government would be "extremely cautious" in "preserving the competitiveness" of the Sunderland plant.

"As long as I have this guarantee ... I can look at the future of Sunderland with more ease," he said.

– Carlos Ghosn, Chief Executive of Nissan

Last week Ghosn met with the Prime Minister Theresa May after suggesting the company will halt new investment in its plant in Sunderland, unless it can agree a compensation deal with the Government.

Following the talks the Nissan Chief said he is confident the UK will remain a "competitive place to do business".

The Sunderland plant, which has been active since 1986, employs almost 7,000 people producing around 500,000 Juke, Qashqai and Leaf motors a year - about a third of the UK's total car manufacturing.


Body of seaman recovered after ship fall

The body of a young seaman, a Ukraine national, has been recovered and taken to North Shields.

Northumbria Police received a report from the coastguard about the death of a man on a ship close to Tynemouth at 3.30pm on October 20.

The body was recovered on October 21.

It's believed he fell from a height onto the deck of the ship and sustained fatal injuries.

His family in the Ukraine have been informed of the death.

Three teens bailed in Newcastle murder investigation

Investigations are continuing Credit: ITV

Northumbria Police say three teenagers who were arrested in connection with the death of Jodie Wilkinson, have been released on bail.

Police launched a murder investigation after the 27-year-old died after an attack in Stanhope Street, in Newcastle's Arthur's Hill on Monday afternoon.

On October 20, officers arrested a 15-year-old girl and two boys, one aged 14 and the other 15. They have now been released.

In total nine people have now been arrested as part of the investigation.

Of the other six arrests, five remain in custody and one 18-year-old man has been released on police bail.

Police said they are still extremely keen to hear from anyone with any information into the incident to contact them.

Anyone who thinks they can help is asked to call police on 101 or through the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.


Sudden death on ship off Tynemouth coast

Northumbria Police have confirmed a 'sudden death' on the Brasschaat ship moored off the coast of Tynemouth. The ship is one of three anchored in the area. Investigations are ongoing. Details to follow.

"At 3.37pm [October 20] we were called by the coastguard regarding the death of a man on a boat near Tynemouth."

– Northumbria Police

Five masked men force way into Northallerton home

Vicars Croft, Northallerton

People living in a Northallerton house have been left shocked after five masked men forced their way into their home on Vicars Croft.

The men threatened the occupants inside at 11pm on October 18, and seriously assaulted a 26-year-old man before leaving the area. It is believed they ran off towards Bullamoor Road.

The victim was taken by ambulance to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough for treatment.

“This was a frightening attack for the occupants of the house and has no doubt caused alarm among residents.

“I’d like to reassure local people that we believe this was an isolated and targeted incident. Nevertheless, we have increased patrols in the area while extensive police enquiries are ongoing to track down the suspects.

“To help the investigation, I urge anyone who recalls seeing any suspicious activity in the area of Vicars Croft at around 11pm on Tuesday 18 October, to come forward without delay.”

– Detective Sergeant Simon Hepburn, of the Northallerton Serious Crime Team
Load more updates Back to top