Bonfire Night warning

An 9-year-old girl who almost lost her sight when she was hit by a stray firework is helping firefighters to warn other children and their parents about the dangers of Bonfire Night.

Live updates

Bonfire Night warning from girl nearly blinded by firework

India Redhead was hit by a firework in a neighbour's garden Credit: Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service

India Redhead almost lost her sight last year when she was hit by a stray firework that ricocheted off a fence and hit her eye. She needed surgery to remove her iris. India, who is nine and from Morpeth, is the face of this year's campaign warning others to be careful on Bonfire Night.

Back to top