- Tyne Tees
- 2 updates
*Video: This video has no commentary. *
Police say the likely cause of a house fire was caused by sparks landing on some logs which resulted in a terraced house filling with smoke.
Fire crews were called to Laburnum Avenue, Consett, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Firefighters have rescued two people from a fire in their home in Consett. Fire crews from Consett and High Handenhold were called to the end terrace house on Laburnum Avenue, Blackhill in the early hours this morning.
They put out a fire in the living room and rescued two people who were trapped inside.
They were treated by paramedics.