Speculation surrounding Cabaye

There has been more speculation surrounding the future of Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye as the club's manager is deciding whether to include him in his squad for Saturday's Premier League clash with West Ham.

Latest ITV News reports

Pardew wants Cabaye "situation" resolved

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew says the club need to "resolve the situation" surrounding midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

The French International has missed Newcastle's last two Premier League games after Arsenal made a bid of around £10 million for the 27-year-old. Pardew admitted last week that Cabaye's "head had been turned" by interest from the Gunners and has now said the player's future needs to be decided.

Advertisement

Pardew: Cabaye bid "below our valuation"

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew says Arsenal's bid for midfielder Yohan Cabaye is well below the club's valuation of the player.

Prior to Newcastle's 4-0 defeat to Manchester City last night, it had been revealed that the Gunners made an offer of around £10m for the French international. Cabaye was then omitted from Newcastle's squad, with Pardew saying the 27-year-old had been distracted by Arsenal's bid.

Cabaye speculation: what the papers say

What the papers are saying Credit: ITV News

After a bid for Yohan Cabaye is rejected by Newcastle and the team lose their first match to Man City, the newpapers give their take.

The Guardian: “Arsenal chase Cabaye as panic sets in at club.”**

The Times: "Arsenal encounter fresh frustration as Cabaye bid falls short of valuation."

Daily Express: "Arsenal will have to up Cabaye bid"

The Telegraph: "Arsenal bid for Cabaye sparks fury."

Daily Mirror: "Pards rages at Gunners' Cab offer."

Daily Mail: "Arsenal Accused."

*The Chronicle: *Pards slams Gunners for unsettling Cabaye

[

The Northern Echo](http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/): "Is it Cabaye-bye? - Pardew furious with Arsenal bid.

No Cabaye in opening game

Cabaye left out of the Magpies squad Credit: Steve Drew/EMPICS Sport

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has been left out of the Magpies squad for tonight's Premier League opener at Manchester City.

Cabaye was the subject of a bid from Arsenal earlier in the day, believed to be around £10 million, which Newcastle have turned down.

Advertisement