- Tyne Tees
- 3 updates
Leaving chip pans unattended is one of the most common causes of accidental house fires, according to Cleveland Fire Service.
Les Jones, head of community safety, warned Teesside students of the dangers of putting on chips for a midnight snack after a night out.
Firefighters have shows students on Teesside what happens when chip pans are left unattended in a controlled demonstration.
Firefighters have been showing students on Teesside the dangers of leaving chip pans and cooking unattended. Their displays at Stockton Riverside College are part of this year's Kitchen Fire Safety campaign being run by the Cleveland Brigade.