Teenager who cut neck on sun bed dies

A teenager who cut his neck when he fell onto a sun bed has died in hospital.

Live updates

Sunbed death teenager - his organs will save others

Grant Adams cut his neck when he fell onto a sunbed.

The family of a teenager who died after a freak accident, when he fell onto a sunbed, have allowed his organs to be donated for transplant.

Grant Adams, 17, tripped and fell onto a glass tube on the sunbed, at his home in South Shields.

He suffered serious neck injuries, and died earlier this week, at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.

It is not yet known how many lives could be saved as a result of his family's decision to donate his organs.

Nearly a third of people in the North East are currently on the organ donor register.

Teenager who cut neck on sun bed dies

Grant Adams cut his neck when he fell onto a sun bed

A teenager who cut his neck when he fell onto a sun bed has died in hospital.

17-year-old Grant Adams was airlifted from a flat in South Shields to the RVI in Newcastle on Sunday.

It's understood he cut his neck on one of the light bulbs on the sun bed.

He then fell down the stairs.

Advertisement

Back to top