Newcastle discipline Cabaye

Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye has been disciplined by the club for his conduct after Arsenal made a summer bid for the player

Pardew pleased with Cabaye response

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew is pleased with midfielder Yohan Cabaye's response after Arsenal move failed to materialise

Pardew defends Kinnear

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has attempted to draw a line under a transfer window which left the club's supporters screaming for answers

Live updates

NUFC: Pardew reacts to criticism

A minority of Newcastle United supporters were calling for the Manager's head last weekend.

Alan Pardew came under fire as his team lost at Stoke, continuing a dismal sequence of premier league results.

The Magpies boss has had a few days to reflect on the fans anger and today he responded to criticism aimed at him and his team.

Advertisement

Pardew looking for "winning momentum"

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew is hoping his side can get their "winning momentum" back from earlier in the season.

Despite a promising first-half of the campaign, the Magpies fallen away in the race for a Europa League spot after suffering four defeats in their last five Premier League games.

Newcastle also have a host of key players out injured, including top scorer Loic Remy.

Pardew praises "massive talent" Lallana

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has heaped praise on Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash between the two clubs.

The England international was a regular starter under Pardew when he was Southampton manager in the 2009/2010 season. Now the 25-year-old is expected to be included in Roy Hodgson's England squad for this summer's World Cup.

Pardew said: "He [Lallana] has a beauty and grace on the ball that I would like to have here".

Advertisement

Alan Pardew to begin stadium ban

Alan Pardew at the Hull game on Saturday 1 March. Credit: PA
Sitting it out: the Newcastle boss is barred from Craven Cottage today. Credit: PA

Alan Pardew will begin his stadium ban this afternoon as Newcastle take on Fulham at Craven Cottage at 3 o'clock.

The Magpies' boss has been banned for seven matches by an independent FA commission over his clash with Hull's David Meyler during Newcastle's 4-1 win on Saturday 1 March. He is barred completely from the stadium for the first three matches and must sit in the stands for the remaining four.

Speaking at the pre-match press conference earlier this week, Pardew said: “It was an independent panel and it was a decision that I was going to accept. I had no intention to appeal the decision whatever it was, and therefore was going to accept what they decided to do.”

Calendar

Bruce accepts Pardew's headbutt apology

Hull boss Steve Bruce has accepted a written apology from his Newcastle counterpart Alan Pardew over the head-butting incident which marred their Barclays Premier League clash at the KC Stadium two weeks ago.

Press Association

Pardew was handed a seven-match ban and a cumulative £160,000 fine after admitting an FA misconduct charge relating to a touch-line fracas with Tigers midfielder David Meyler.

The Newcastle boss revealed on Thursday he had sent a letter to Bruce apologising for his actions, and Bruce says he is now keen to draw a line under the incident.

Pardew: 'I deeply regret the incident'

Alan Pardew has accepted his seven match ban and fine after head-butting Hull midfielder David Meyler.

It is the longest ban ever handed out to a Premier League manager, and not since Brian Clough was banned from the touchline - from February 1989 until the end of that season.

Pardew, who has also been fined £100,000 and given a formal warning by his club, will not appeal against the sanction.

"As I have made clear, I deeply regret the incident and again wholeheartedly apologise to all parties for my conduct, which I understand was not acceptable.

"I will accept the punishment handed down by the FA today. My focus now turns to preparing the team for this weekend's game against Fulham and finishing the season as strongly as possible."

– Alan Pardew statement

Pardew will be banned from Craven Cottage this weekend, and then from St James' Park for the home games against Crystal Palace and Everton.

The touchline bans will kick in for the games against Southampton (away), Manchester United (home), Stoke (away), Swansea (home).

Newcastle boss Pardew's record ban

Alan Pardew Credit: PA

Alan Pardew will start his record seven-match ban by missing Newcastle's trip to Fulham this weekend.

The Newcastle manager was handed the seven-game ban - including a three-game stadium exclusion - for head-butting Hull midfielder David Meyler.

Pardew, who has accepted the punishment, has also been fined £60,000 and warned about his future conduct by an independent regulatory commission after admitting a misconduct charge.

It is the longest ban ever handed out to a Premier League manager, and not since Brian Clough was banned from the touchline - from February 1989 until the end of that season for hitting fans, who invaded the pitch - has a boss at a league club been given such a stiff punishment.

Full story: ITV Sport

Load more updates

Advertisement

Today's top stories