Northumberland County Council has said they have launched a review after Sir Tom Jones' concert was cut short due to 'major technical issue'.
A spokesperson for the council said, “NCC has initiated a review into the abrupt conclusion of the concert and the arrangements put in place for the organisation and staging of the event.”
Were you at the concert? Tell us about your experience by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @ITVTyneTees.
The company behind Sir Tom Jones' gig at Alnwick Castle - where a power failure cut short his performance - has apologised to thousands who attended.
Firstly, Loose Cannon would like to sincerely apologise for the way concert-goers were left feeling after the Tom Jones concert on Saturday 8th August.
All complaints are being recorded and will responded to as soon as possible and within 28 days.
As previously stated a large national company provided all the power and tower lighting units for the site, this included 2 large synchronised generators that provided all the production power. Synchronised units are always used on events of this nature to allow a seamless crossover should a fault occur on one of the units.
Unfortunately on this occasion it appears both units developed faults.
The supplier had engineers on site for the full duration of the performance. Unfortunately after a second loss of power towards the end of Sir Tom's performance, the show came to an abrupt end.
As a company we have commissioned an independent report into the causes of both generators failing. We are also awaiting the supplier providing us with their findings.
We will continue to update our Facebook page as and when we can and as mentioned will be replying to customers who have emailed us.
Jane Percy, the Duchess of Northumberland, has reacted to hundreds of complaints about a power failure at Alnwick Castle this weekend, where Sir Tom Jones was performing.
It's really, really sad. People were expecting a wonderful night out. I've heard nothing but complaints.
Sir Tom Jones has tweeted his disappointment after a power failure cut short his concert at Alnwick Castle on 8th August.
In a statement via his website, he said:
Tom Jones would like to sincerely apologise to all his fans for the abrupt ending to his concert at Alnwick Castle on Saturday evening.
A loss of generator power supply at the beginning of the night meant a delayed start to the concert and unfortunately, after continuous problems during Tom’s performance, a further loss of power meant the concert ended abruptly.
Tom really enjoyed performing to the North East crowd and was extremely disappointed that the concert ended in this manner.
Tom looks forward to returning to the North East for a concert in the future.
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
Two of the concert-goers say the Tom Jones gig at Alnwick Castle in Northumberland on Saturday (August 8) was spoilt by delays, technical glitches, poor catering and health and safety issues.
Here are Carly Needham and Richard Dale:
Unfortunately, during Sir Tom Jones's performance last night at Alnwick Castle, there was an issue with the generator power supply which meant that the concert finished abruptly.
I wish to make it clear that this situation is not associated with the artist or his management team or Alnwick Castle. Loose Cannon Events employed an established company to supply the power generators and who are well-versed in supplying power to large events of this scale and we are investigating the incident.
Orgainisers say they were sorry to disappoint concert-goers and all enquiries should be directed here
Courtesy: Tracey Peach / YouTube
"Unfortunately, during Sir Tom Jones's performance at Alnwick Castle, there was an issue with the generator power supply which meant that the concert finished abruptly.
"I wish to make it clear that this situation is not associated with the artist or his management team or Alnwick Castle.
"Loose Cannon Events employed an established company to supply the power generators and who are well-versed in supplying power to large events of this scale and we are investigating the incident.
"We are sorry to disappoint concert-goers with the abrupt end to the concert."
Dozens of concert-goers have taken to social media to demand a refund after Sir Tom Jones disappeared from stage without warning when his concert at Alnwick Castle was cut short due to technical problems.
After a late start, the music legend charmed the crowds for just 45 minutes before the stage went black, leaving fans literally with "the lights out".
Sir Tom Jones then left the stage before an official announcement came 15 minutes later telling everyone there were problems with the power supply.
An estimated seven thousand fans, many who paid around £50 for their ticket, were left furious when they were then told the singer had left the site and was not returning.
Never been so disappointed in a concert in my life! The promoters should be ashamed! Will be complaining. #TomJones
Tom Jones at Alnwick Castle, what a disappointment. Power failure, late start. Power failure early finish. That is unusual!
The Welsh icon had been scheduled to begin his show at 8.30pm but did not appear until 9.15pm.
After tweeting that she was, "really excited to be at @AlnwickCastle for once in a lifetime concert with @realsirtomjones", Berwick-upon-Tweed MP, Anne-Marie Trevelyan also expressed her disappointment on Twitter:
The concert, organised by Loose Cannon Event Management, was due to end at 11pm, but Sir Tom left the stage at 10pm and never returned.
The company posted on Facebook to say "this is currently being investigated by independent experts, and we hope to be able to provide further information as and when it becomes available".
Thousands of Sir Tom Jones fans were left disappointed when the musical icon's concert at Alnwick Castle was cut short following a 'major technical issue.
After the interruption event organisers Loose Cannon Management issued a statement on Facebook: "This evening's performance with Tom Jones was unexpectedly cut short as a result of an unforeseen major technical issue.
"This is currently being investigated by independent experts, and we hope to be able to provide further information as and when it becomes available.
"Please bear with us - a full press release will be released shortly."