TV presenter Ant McPartlin has been fined £86,000 at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court after admitting driving while more than twice the legal alcohol limit.
McPartlin was also banned from driving for 20 months.
District Judge Barbara Barnes told McPartlin "you are a well-known and successful entertainer," whose weekly income is around £130,000 a week.
Sentencing him, she said: "At the time when it happened you were struggling with various personal problems and also alcohol issues for some months.
"This incident happened, sadly, when it seems you suffered a brief relapse."
The judge described McPartlin's previous "exemplary character" adding: "I think it will have quite an impact on you to know you're no longer a man of good character."
McPartlin was also told to pay £255 in costs.
TV presenter Ant McPartlin has pleaded guilty to drink-driving. He admitted he was more than twice the legal limit after a collision.Read the full story ›
TV presenter Ant McPartlin has pleaded guilty at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court to drink driving.
Wearing a black three-piece suit, white shirt and black tie, McPartlin, stood in the glass dock in court.
He spoke to confirm his name, date of birth, address and nationality before pleading guilty to a single charge of drink-driving.
The charge states he had 75 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - the legal limit is 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath.
TV presenter Anthony McPartlin has arrived at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court in London to face charges of drink driving.
The 42-year-old was charged after allegedly being involved in a collision in South West London last month.
Geordie TV star Ant McPartlin has been charged with drink drivingRead the full story ›
ITV Presenter Ant McPartlin has stepped down from his TV roles following his arrest on suspicion of drink driving.
His publicist said McPartlin, who spent time in rehab last year, was taking time off "for the foreseeable future" and would have further treatment.
ITV's Saturday Night Takeaway will not air this weekend and the final two episodes won't feature McPartlin.
The Georgie star was involved in a collision in south-west London on Sunday.
An ITV spokesman said:
“ITV has taken a joint decision with Ant and Dec’s team not to broadcast Saturday Night Takeaway this weekend. We will be reviewing options for the last two episodes of the series (March 31 and April 7) which would not feature Ant who is taking time off to seek treatment. We very much hope that he gets the help that he needs.”
The 42-year-old is said to have been involved in a collision with two other cars while he was driving in West London on Sunday (18th March)Read the full story ›
The 42-year-old - one half of TV duo Ant and Dec - announced the news after months of rumours regarding the couple's relationship.Read the full story ›
Fans of Ant McPartlin have been voicing their support after he was assaulted outside a London pub.
The Sun is reporting the TV presenter was grabbed in a headlock by a gang who'd been making rude gestures at him through a window. He went outside to remonstrate with them, his mother was also knocked to the ground when she tried to intervene.