Darlington Boxer Stuart Hall believes his best is yet to come.
Anthony "Babyface" Nelson is topping the bill in this weekend's 'Summer Rumble' at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland
The Olympic bronze medallist Tony Jeffries has been forced to retire after injuries to both hands.
County Durham boxing champion Glenn McCrory says he should never have had a career in the sport because of serious problems with his eyesight.
The athlete, who became the North East's first boxing world champion in 1989, recently had eye surgery. He says he hid his poor eyesight because he was worried it would have a negative impact on his career. He was speaking at the opening of an eye clinic in Newcastle.
Three North East boxers have been called-up to represent Team England at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow this summer.
Hartlepool boxer Savannah Marshall, 23, has been selected for the Women's middleweight (75kg) division. Sunderland's Warren Baister, 28, has made the Men's heavyweight (91kg) category, while Birtley fighter Pat McCormack, 18, will box at light-welterweight (64kg).
Gateshead boxer Robert Craig Dixon is aiming to win a Masters title in Gateshead next month.
The 27-year-old welterweight fighter faces Welsh boxer Tony Dixon at Gateshead Leisure Centre on May 17.
A press conference was held in Gateshead today ahead of Stuart Hall's IBF Bantamweight world title defence against Paul Butler.
The bout is taking place at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena on June 7.
Darlington boxer Stuart Hall is preparing for his latest IBF Bantamweight World title defence against Paul Butler.
The pair, who held a press conference in Gateshead today, will go head-to-head at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena on June 7.
Darlington boxer Stuart Hall says he will be "more than ready" for his IBF Bantamweight world title clash with Paul Butler this summer.
The defending champion, 33, will go head-to-head with Butler, 25, at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena on June 7. The pair attended a heated press conference in Gateshead today ahead of the big fight.
Boxer Frankie Gavin, from Birmingham, beat Sacky Shikukutu by a unanimous decision to retain his Commonwealth welterweight title, despite his first professional knockdown.
The 28-year-old southpaw was floored by a left in the second round by the Namibian but beat the count and boxed cleverly thereafter to win on all three judges' scorecards.
The fight took place at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena last night, when Darlington boxer Stuart Hall also retained his IBF bantamweight world title.
Boxer Stuart Hall said he was "gutted" that his IBF bantamweight world title fight was stopped in the second round because of an injury to his challenger Martin Ward.
"I'm gutted how it's turned out, the crowd have been robbed of a great fight," he said.
Hall retained his world title, won last December, as the match was declared a technical draw. He had started well, but connected heads with Ward after leaning forward to land a right hand.
Boxer Stuart Hall retains his IBF bantamweight title after his fight with Martin Ward in Newcastle last night ended in a technical draw.
The match was called off just after the start of the second round, because of an accidental clash of heads in the opening three minutes that had given Ward a nasty cut above his eye.
Hall, who is from Darlington, was making the first defence of the world crown he won in December last year.