Live updates

Men arrested over Claudia murder released on bail

Three men arrested on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence have been released on bail.

The men, who are aged in their 50s and from the York area, were held in custody while being interviewed by detectives from the Major Crime Unit.

Although they have been released from custody, the case remains active and enquiries are ongoing.

Advertisement

  1. Calendar

Identifying arrested men could damage investigation say police

Police investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence say that identifying three men arrested today could damage the investigation.

As with the previous arrest last month, I strongly advise the media and members of the public against identifying the men who have been arrested. This is to ensure the investigation and legal process are not compromised or potentially damaged in any way. This includes naming or publishing images of the men, their home addresses, places of work, their vehicles and properties being searched on traditional media platforms or social networking sites. I urge everyone to again show restraint and patience while we carry out these very important enquiries. Your co-operation and support is greatly appreciated by the investigation team.

– Detective Superintendent Dai Malyn
  1. Calendar

Three arrested in Claudia Lawrence investigation

Three arrested in Claudia Lawrence investigation

Police investigating the murder of Claudia Lawrence have arrested three men on suspicion of murder.

They are all aged in their 50s and from the York area.

Another man was arrested in March this year and remains on police bail.

Officers say Claudia has not been found, but her family has been informed of the arrests.

Claudia Lawrence: man released from bail

Claudia Lawrence was a chef at the University of York when she disappeared in 2009

Detectives investigating the disappearance and suspected murder of Claudia Lawrence have today (April 14) released a 47-year-old man from bail.

He was arrested on 23 July last year on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.

The decision to release him from his bail conditions has been made following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service and following information the man provided to police which has progressed the investigation and clarified certain issues.

Another man in his 50s was arrested on suspicion of murder on March 23.

Police have urged people not to identify this arrested man under any circumstances because identification is an issue in the case.

This includes his name, photograph, home address, place of work or any vehicles connected to him.

Advertisement

Unseen Claudia CCTV released

Previously unseen CCTV footage has been released in connection with the Claudia Lawrence investigation. It's hoped it may lead to new information about her disappearance six years ago.

The footage shows two people police want to identify. They were caught on camera shortly before Claudia last spoke to her parents on the phone.

The person seen walking down Heworth Place, which leads to the back of Claudia's house, is of particular interest.

Peter Lawrence: "It is galling"

Peter Lawrence speaking at a news conference Credit: ITV

Claudia Lawrence's father Peter Lawrence says he has spent six years missing her smile and laughter.

Mr Lawrence told a news conference it "is galling" that there are people in the community who know what happened to Claudia, but who aren't coming forward.

He added: "If she has been murdered, as we believe, then I just want to bury her."

  1. Calendar

Police: Claudia information is being kept secret

Detectives investigating the suspected murder of Claudia Lawrence, who was last seen six years ago today, say there are people who knew her and have actively sought to keep that a secret.

Police say they have found finger prints at her house and now know that people spent time there before she vanished.

Meanwhile Claudia's mother Joan has told Calendar she sometimes hears her daughter's voice calling out to her:

Load more updates