Danny Wragg, who said he was at the performance on facebook, said that McIntyre was interrupted from the beginning of show.
He said: "He [McIntyre] did what all good comedians do and worked with it making jokes.
Mr Wragg said that after a while McIntyre asked the ushers to sort the situation out and told the audience he would be back.
He said: "The crowd were behind Michael's judgement and were chanting 'out, out' at her."
An angry Michael McIntyre stormed off stage during a sell out performance because a member of the audience would not stop using her mobile phone.
The comedian had been performing at Darlington's Civic Theatre when he spotted the woman in the front row and asked security to intervene.
He told a guard: "Sort it out. I'll be back." The star then walked off while theatre staff spoke to her and some members of the audience chanted for her removal.
McIntyre returned to complete his set a few minutes later last night (October 13).
I was quite shocked when I found he was coming here.
It's great because he's such a big star coming to such a small town.
Over the weekend it emerged that McIntyre only discovered his dad had killed himself 17 years after he died.
He had originally been told his father, comic Ray Cameron, had died of a heart attack.
People are being urged to check their smoke alarms after a mother and her three children escaped a severe fire in their home in Darlington.
Firefighters from County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service were called to a fire in Wilson Street just before midnight on October 13.
The fire was started accidentally because of candles in the ground floor living-room. The four people were taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation.
“The smoke alarm alerted the family to the fire in the house and without a doubt this has saved their lives.
“A smoke alarm was fitted in this house by our community safety team a few years ago. We would urge everyone to follow this example and ensure they have smoke alarms fitted on every level of their property and test them regularly. As this incident, which was very frightening for the family involved, shows, smoke alarms provide the alert that gives you the extra seconds to escape. It’s no exaggeration to say they can save lives.”
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service delivers home fire safety visits and fits free smoke alarms to all households within its area.
Among the guests at the prestigious Women of the Year lunch will be Elsie Leadley from Darlington.Read the full story ›
Darlington's Civic Theatre is set to receive initial support of £5m from the Heritage Lottery Fund.Read the full story ›
In a recent safety check by Darlington Borough Council’s Trading Standards team and AGE UK Darlington, one third of electric blankets tested in Darlington were found to be unsafe to use.
More than 90 blankets were tested this year with 30 being found to be unsafe for use, a failure rate of 33 percent. The faulty blankets were taken out of circulation and their owners offered a free replacement blanket.
Electrical related fires account for almost half of the accidental domestic fires in the UK.
Councillor Chris McEwan, Darlington Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for Economy and Regeneration said: “Despite testing being run for several years now we still find a large number of blankets failing each year. This free testing is invaluable and saves lives as many people do not consider the potential dangers of using an electric blanket, especially an old or damaged one.”
A campaign is underway to try and save a financial advice service for people with cancer in Darlington.
Every year, a Welfare Rights Officer helps hundreds of people with access to health benefits and advice on budgeting.
Those who use the service say it's invaluable as often, money is tight because they have been forced to stop working and must pay for regular hospital visits.
Jonny Blair reports:
A campaign has started to try to save a financial advice service which helps cancer sufferers in Darlington.
Every year, a Welfare Rights Officer helps hundreds of people to access health benefits which they're entitled to and gives advice about money.
Those who've used the service say it's invaluable as, often, they have to stop working and pay for frequent hospital visits.
Funding for the post is due to end in March.
Allison White says the service is a "great help":
Darlington Borough Council’s dog warden team has been awarded the GOLD Stray Footprint award from the RSPCA for the fifth year in a row.
The award recognises the work that the team does in dealing with and looking after stray dogs found in the area. It covers all aspects of working with stray dogs from collection and kennelling to treating injured or sick dogs and attempts made to find a dog’s owner.
Over the last year, the dog warden team has dealt with 524 dogs, 311 of which were happily reunited with their owners.
'Sheer good fortune' saw bus crash victims walk away with minor injuriesRead the full story ›