50 businesses have been evacuated after a gas leak at a business park in North Yorkshire.
It happened in Brompton on Swale at around 9.30am on Friday morning.
North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue sent two engines and one officer to the scene. They waited on site until the arrival of the gas board, who've now isolated the leak.
The nearby A1 has not been affected.
Police in York are issuing a warning following a burglary and theft of a hazardous gas in the city.
Thieves stole seven cylinders of pure nitrous oxide from the Clifton Park NHS Treatment Centre, overnight between Monday December 30 and Tuesday December 31.
The cylinders, which are all blue, are either three feet or five feet in length.
They all have white collar tags, with the manufacturer’s name BOC and details of the contents.
The tags also have important safety advice written on them.
The advent of fracking in the UK is likely to lower fuel prices, according to an analyst at the price comparison website uSwitch.
Director of consumer policy Ann Robinson said that even if reserves of shale gas in the UK are not as large as expected, the practice is lowering gas prices around the world which has benefits for us.
Speaking to reporters in Blackburn, Lancashire, the Energy Secretary said:
The Energy Secretary Ed Davey is currently briefing the media on the Government's decision whether to allow fracking to resume in the UK.
A new project's being launched to help vulnerable people cope with the cost of heating their homes this winter. North Tyneside, Northumberland and Newcastle councils have joined forces to provide a telephone helpline offering support and advice.
It's been funded by Government money given to councils to come up with new projects aimed at tackling fuel poverty.
A chemical company has been fined over an illegal gas release, that left a housing estate coated in white powder. Ineos in Newton Aycliffe sent 56 tonnes of gas, steam and particles into the air.
Three police officers remain in hospital after being injured in a gas explosion in Gateshead.
The trio were admitted to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary with serious injuries and burns after the blast at Marion Court on Monday. Police have confirmed that all three are still receiving treatment.
A gas engineer, and a paramedic were also injured and taken to hospital.
The engineer who was inside the flat that exploded in Gateshead last night is due to leave hospital.
The Northern Gas Networks worker was treated for flash burns to his hands and face. His protective clothing prevented more serious injury.
A spokesperson for the company said the engineer showed 'bravery and quick thinking', and that he will be given all the support he needs in the coming weeks and months.