Josef Craig has won a silver medal at the IPC Swimming World Championships in Montreal. He was beaten by 0.03 seconds by another British swimmer, Matt Walker, in S7 50m freestyle.
Craig also took gold and broke his own world record in the S7 400m freestyle on Tuesday.
He already has a Paralympic world record from London 2012, and now Josef Craig has smashed another record.
Josef, from Jarrow, set an S7 400m freestyle world record at the IPC Swimming World Championships in Montreal.
Craig touched in 4 minutes and 39.14 seconds to edge out Russia's Andrey Gladkov by five hundredths of a second and take almost two seconds off his own world record.
The Paralympic swimming champion Josef Craig has helped children on Tyneside open a new local landmark.
He opened a wooden amphitheatre at the Bede's World museum in Jarrow.
The structure is a copy of an anglo-saxon auditorium and was designed from archeological remains found nearby.
It will host plays and concerts over the summer.
Children from three schools attend the opening of a new amphitheatre at Bede's World in Jarrow.
The structure recreates a similar one built more than 1,000 years ago at Yeaveringham Auditorium in Northumbria.
Fire crews are working to discover the cause of a gas explosion at a house in South Tyneside.
Six people were hurt, and two required hospital treatment, in the incident in Jarrow yesterday morning.
The emergency services were called to ta gas explosion in a property in Jarrow just before 8 o'clock this morning.
Jonny Blair reports.
Six people were hurt in a gas explosion at a house, a senior fire officer said today. Two of them required hospital treatment after the blast at a semi-detached property in Regent Road, Jarrow, South Tyneside just before 8 am.
Fire crews, one which was on the scene within three minutes of the 999 call, arrived to find five injured people in the garden. A sixth casualty, thought to be a neighbour who had come to assist, was also hurt. All are believed to have burns, but are not thought to be seriously injured.
The emergency services and gas engineers remain at the scene of a gas explosion in South Shields.
A woman and a man were taken to the Royal Victoria infirmary for further treatment to burns.
The next door neighbour was at work when the explosion happened early this morning.
Two people have been injured in a gas explosion at a house in Jarrow, South Tyneside this morning. Homes around the address on Regent Road were evacuated as a precaution. Police say a woman has been injured and a man suffered minor burns. They've been taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
Firefighters and gas workmen are the house which is near the Tyne and Wear Metro line and the busy A19. The living room window and another downstairs window appeared to have been blown out into the garden.