Live updates

  1. Calendar

Rock giants dedicate show to York couple killed in Manchester attack

The Swedish rock band Europe is dedicating its next show to Marcin and Angelika Klis from York who lost their lives in the Manchester bombing.

Marcin and Angelika Klis

Marcin who was a huge fan is pictured below with the band when they played in Leeds.

Swedish rock band Europe

His daughter Alex says "Dad's up there absolutely buzzing."

Advertisement

Survivors of Manchester attack treated at James Cook Hospital

Survivors of the Manchester bombing have been treated at James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough.

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has confirmed three patients were treated for injuries at the site.

Credit: ITV news

Details on the victims' age and sex, as well as the extent of their injuries have not been released. A spokeswoman for South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said:

“We can confirm that three patients have been treated at The James Cook University Hospital.

We will not be providing any further detail on those patients.”

Twenty-two people were killed after Salman Abedi detonated a suicide bomb as people were leaving a concert at Manchester Arena last week.

  1. National

Manchester bombing: 23-year-old man arrested

There has been an increased police presence across the country since the attack. Credit: PA

Police have arrested a 23-year-old man in connection with the Manchester suicide bombing.

The man was arrested on suspicion of terror offences in the early hours of Monday morning at an address in Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex.

Police remain at the property.

A total of 16 people have now been arrested in connection with the investigation.

Two people have been released without charge, but 14 men remain in custody for questioning.

Advertisement

  1. National

Manchester bombing: 19-year-old man arrested

Police at the scene of searches in Rusholme on Sunday. Credit: ITV News

Police have arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with the Manchester suicide bombing.

It follows searches at addresses in Gorton and Rusholme on Sunday evening and takes the number of people arrested in connection with the attack to 15, of which 13 men remain in custody.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "Officers carrying out searches at addresses in Gorton and Rusholme this evening have arrested a 19-year-old man at the Gorton address on suspicion of offences contrary to the terrorism act."

Earlier, a 25-year-old man was arrested in the Old Trafford area and searches were taking place in Moss Side.

Manchester victims remembered at Durham Cathedral

The 22 people killed in the Manchester Arena bombing were remembered this morning in a service at Durham Cathedral.

Police in the North West have raided another property today, as they continue to investigate the terror attack, and more than 50 people are still being treated in hospital.

Six of those who died on Monday night are from our region.

Watch Tom Sheldrick's report:

Load more updates