A new competition called TeenTech is trying to encourage schoolchildren to get more interested in careers in technology.
A Northumberland couple's wedding plans are in turmoil after the venue they booked told them that flood damage wouldn't be repaired in time
Morpeth middle distance runner Laura Weightman says she's 'living the dream' following selection for the 1500m at London 2012.
India Redhead almost lost her sight last year when she was hit by a stray firework that ricocheted off a fence and hit her eye. She needed surgery to remove her iris. India, who is nine and from Morpeth, is the face of this year's campaign warning others to be careful on Bonfire Night.
Pedestrians in Morpeth have been warned against using Chantry Bridge, which was damaged when the River Wansbeck burst its bank.
Work is being carried out by engineers before it can reopen.
Communal skips have been placed on High Stanners and Mitford Road, in which water damaged goods can be disposed.
Flood warnings have been lifted for the River Wansbeck in Morpeth, but a lower level flood alert for the wider area is still in place.
Northumberland County Council says the rest centres for flood victims at the Town Hall and the King Edward VI High School are now closed.
- A68 in Kiln Pit Hill closed at the Kiln Pit Hill junction.
- A1 closed northbound between the A697 junction in Morpeth and the A1068 junction in Alnwick.
- A1 in Swarland closed between the Swarland junction and the Newton on the Moor junction.
- Sheepwash Bank at Choppington closed
- Backworth Lane closed
- The Snowy Owl road, between Fisher Lane and Shotton Edge closed
- B6341 Rothbury access roads closed, and the town centre at Barclays bank
- Morpeth Chantry Footbridge closed
- B6343 Mitford access roads closed
- B6346 adjacent to river Breamish closed
- A1068 Warkworth access roads closed
- C94 Shilbottle access road closed
- A1 swarland/newton on the moor access closed
- C89 Glanton to Bolton – bridge down
- Whorral Bank between A192 and B1337 closed
Drivers are being urged not to make unnecessary journeys, and to take extra care on the roads because of surface water.
The Environment Agency 24hr Floodline number is 0845 988 1188.
Flooding has affected dozens of homes in Morpeth, after the River Wansbeck burst its banks this morning.
Residents have been taken to rest centres, set up at the King Edward VI High School and the Town Hall.
Northumberland County Council says the Chantry Footbridge in Morpeth is now closed for the forseeable future.
In Rothbury, a small number of properties have also been evacuated, and a rest centre has been set up at the Jubilee Hall.
The Environment Agency has issued a flood warning for River Wansbeck in Morpeth.
Several homes have already been evacuated. Flooding is possible for properties in High Stanners, Morpeth Town Centre, Low Stanners and Middle Greens.
The Agency says water levels are continuing to rise, with the river level expected to peak at around 10am.