A jury in the trial of 7 teenagers, who're accused of murdering a man on Teesside, has retired to consider its verdict.
24 year old Shane Tunney died in hospital in July 2015, a month after the prosecution alleges he - and a friend - were attacked in Norton. The teenagers, aged between 16 and 18, deny murder and attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent to another man.
The trial is continuing of seven teenagers accused of the murder of Shane Tunney on Teesside.
Eighteen-year-old Brandon Pitt has been giving evidence as the defence continues.
A jury at Teesside Crown Court has previously heard that twenty four year old Mr Tunney died nearly five weeks after an alleged attack, as he and his friend, Anthony Kirk, went for some late-night food in Norton in June 2015.
Brandon Pitt, eighteen-year-olds Kearan Terry Davis, his cousin Kieran Harry Davis, Jake Douglas, a sixteen-year-old boy and two seventeen year olds, who can't be named for legal reasons, deny murder and a charge of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent to Mr Kirk.
The case at Teesside Crown Court continues.
A jury has heard an account of the moment toddler Liam Fee was found dead at a house in Fife.
Rachel Trelfa or Fee, 31, and her civil partner Nyomi Fee, 28, deny murdering Trelfa's two-year-old son in March 2014. They are originally from the Ryton area of Gateshead.
The women also plead not guilty to a catalogue of allegations of wilfully ill-treating and neglecting two other young boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, over a period of more than two years.
The pair are accused of falsely telling others, including police, that one of the other young boys was responsible for Liam's death.
On day two of the trial at the High Court in Livingston, the jury heard evidence from Fee's mother.
Janice Fee, 57, a part-time carer from the north of England, was taken through a statement she gave to police about a phone call she received from her daughter on March 22, the day Liam died.
Advocate Depute Alex Prentice QC read the statement to the court.
It said: "She was screaming and very upset, saying Liam's dead, Liam's dead.
"I could also hear Rachel screaming. I was in shock and didn't know what was happening."
Ms Fee said her daughter told her a young boy had told police he had "done it", the court heard.
The statement read to the jury continued: "He had said how he did it. She said (the boy) held his nose and held his throat, that he had told the police twice."
The murder charge alleges that the couple assaulted Liam at a house in Fife on various occasions between March 15 and March 22, 2014.
Trelfa and Fee repeatedly inflicted "blunt force trauma to his head and body" causing injuries so severe that he died on March 22 that year, it is claimed.
Between that date and April 30 2014, the two are said to have taken steps to avoid detection, arrest and prosecution, thereby attempting to defeat the ends of justice.
Another charge denied by the women alleges that they assaulted Liam on various occasions between January 2012 and March 2014.
One of the seven defendants accused of the murder of Shane Tunney has admitted attacking Anthony Kirk with a pole before stealing his phone.Read the full story ›
A man injured in an attack which led to the death of Shane Tunney from Teesside has been describing the night it happened.Read the full story ›
A court has heard that a 24 year old man was killed, on Teesside, after he - and a friend - were the victims of "a joint attack."
Seven teenagers have gone on trial accused of murdering Shane Tunney, in Norton.
The prosecution claims that the defendants threw food, from a rooftop, onto Mr Tunney, and his friend, while they were at a cash point during the night of the 27th of June.
The court then heard that Mr Tunney's attempts to challenge the males angered them and, as the friends walked away, they heard shouting and turned back.
The jury was told that the men were outnumbered, "seven against two," and that one of the defendants was carrying a pole.
Concluding his opening statement, prosecutor Andrew Stubbs QC described the alleged attack on Shane Tunney and his friend, Anthony Kirk, as "a pack attack from start to finish, executed with savage brutality by the defendants, giving their victims no chance."
18 year olds Kearan Terry Davis, his cousin, Kieron Harry Davis, Jake Douglas and Brandon Pitt, along with a 16 year old male and two 17 year olds, who cannot be named for legal reasons, deny murder and a charge of attempting to cause GBH with intent.
The trial at Teesside Crown Court continues.
Lynne Freeman was found with serious injuries in Mapleton Crescent on Wednesday night but later died.Read the full story ›
Cleveland Police say while formal identification has not yet taken place, they believe the victims of the murders in Redcar are 46-year-old Lynne Freeman and 30-year-old Jodie Betteridge.
Their families are receiving appropriate support from specially trained officers.
A post mortem examination has taken place regarding one victim and the post mortem examination for the other victim is due to take place today.
Police attended Teesside Magistrates' Court last night where Magistrates authorised an extension of the detention of a 34-year-old man arrested on Wednesday night.
This allows the investigation team to detain the man for a further period of time while they continue their inquiries.
Flowers continue to be laid outside a home where a woman was murdered in Byland Close in Redcar.
A second woman was killed in nearby Mapleton Crescent on the same evening on Wednesday March 23.
34-year-old local man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
Our reporter Claire Montgomery has been in Redcar as Cleveland Police investigations continue into two murders in the town.