Cleveland Police have held a press conference following the murder of two women in Redcar.
- Officers were called to Mapleton Crescent in Redcar at 8.45pm on Wednesday night (23 March)
- They found a 46-year-old woman with serious injuries - she later sadly died.
- At 8.52pm officers received a report about a woman being violently assaulted on Byland Close in Redcar
- They found a 30-year-old woman who later died from her injuries
- Police are treating both deaths as murder and family liaison officers are supporting those involved
- Victims' families request privacy and officers say it's too early to release any more details
- 34-year-old local man has been arrested on suspicion of murder
Several police cars and ambulance crews remain at Byland Close on Teesside, where a large part of the Redcar estate has been cordoned off. Two women have died after two separate attacks in the area. One man has been arrested on suspicion of two counts of murder.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of two counts of murder after two deaths on Teesside.
Police received a report that a woman had been seriously injured at 8.45pm on March 23 at Mapleton Crescent, Redcar.
At 8.52pm, a second report was received from a member of the public reporting that a woman was being violently assaulted on Byland Close.
Both women had suffered serious injuries and died.
A 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of two counts of murder a short time after the incidents.
Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding the incidents is asked to contact Cleveland Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Hartlepool man Scott Fletcher have arrested two more men on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
The two men, aged 31 and 32, were arrested earlier this week.They were interviewed then bailed while inquiries continue.
Scott Fletcher was 28 years old when he vanished on May 11th 2011. The father of two was last seen on May 11th 2011 at around 8.20pm in Durham. Although no body has been found, police are treating his disappearance as a murder investigation.
In December 5 other men were arrested on conspiracy to murder and all were released on bail.
Detective Superintendent Jon Green said:
Scott’s family has been informed of this week’s arrests however I would like to stress that a body has not yet been located.
Scott was reportedly last seen on May 11th 2011 at around 8.20pm near to the Jet garage on the A181 at Wheatley Hill in Durham."
Police have charged a man with the murder of Gateshead woman Sarrah Garba.
Ms Garba was found dead inside her address in Moore Street on Wednesday, September 23rd.
A murder investigation was immediately launched and Edwin Gyeke, 29, of Moore Street in Gateshead has been charged with murder.
He will appear at Newcastle Crown Court tomorrow, Saturday 25th September.
Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Sarrah at this very difficult time.
Detectives investigating the murder of Sarrah Garba in Gateshead are appealing to anyone who might have seen, or spoken to Sarrah, on either Monday 21st or Tuesday 22nd September to get in touch.
A 29-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in custody after detectives were granted a Magistrates extension yesterday evening.
Detective Chief Inspector John Bent said: "I'd like to thank the people who responded to the appeal that we made, we've had some really useful information into the investigation team and we are following all of the calls up.
"A witness has come forward stating that they did see Sarrah during the course of Monday. We are making further enquiries into this and are very keen to hear from anyone who might have seen her, or spoken to her, either on Monday or Tuesday of this week.
"This is still a live investigation and any information - no matter how small or insignificant you might think it might be - could make all of the difference.
"Our thoughts are with Sarrah's family and we are doing all we can to support them at this extremely difficult time."
I'd like to thank the people who responded to the appeal that we made, we've had some really useful information into the investigation team and we are following all of the calls up.
A witness has come forward stating that they did see Sarrah during the course of Monday. We are making further enquiries into this and are very keen to hear from anyone who might have seen her, or spoken to her, either on Monday or Tuesday of this week.
This is still a live investigation and any information - no matter how small or insignificant you might think it might be - could make all of the difference.
Our thoughts are with Sarrah's family and we are doing all we can to support them at this extremely difficult time.
Police have named a murder victim discovered in Gateshead yesterday. Sarrah Garba was 27 and originally from France, but was living in Moore Street, Felling.
Ms Garba was studying beauty at Newcastle College and had been living in the North East for the last 18 months. Her family has been informed.
A 29-year-old man was arrested in connection with the death yesterday, but police are still appealing for anybody with information to come forward.
Our enquiries show that she attended college last Thursday, September 17th, but this is the last confirmed sighting we have of her. We need to build up a picture of her movements since that day and want to hear from anyone who might have seen, or spoke to Sarrah in the last week, as soon as possible.
We believe that the arrested man, who remains in custody this evening, was known to Sarah and that they lived in the address in Moore Street together.
Officers from the Gateshead Neighbourhood Policing Team are carrying out patrols in the Moore Street area.
A murder investigation has been launched following the discovery of a 26-year-old woman's body in Gateshead.
Officers found the body inside a house in Moore Street in the Felling area at around 2pm on Wednesday afternoon.
Paramedics were called and they pronounced the woman dead at the scene.
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody helping with enquiries.
Police are appealing for anyone who might have seen or heard anything suspicious in the Moore Street area on Wednesday, especially in the early hours of the morning, to contact them on 101.
A man appeared in court today charged with the murder of a student in York.
20-year-old Liam Miller was stabbed to death last week, at a house in the Acomb area of the city.
19-year-old Samuel Donley was remanded in custody at Leeds Crown Court.
19-year-old Samuel Frederick Donley appeared at York Magistrates Court on Friday morning (31st July) charged with the murder of Liam Miller, 20, from Terrington, near Malton. The 20-year-old was killed in Hamilton Drive, in Acomb, on Monday 27th July.
Samuel Frederick Donley was also charged with the attempted murder of a man in his fifties. He has been remanded in custody and will appear before Leeds Crown Court on Tuesday 4th August.