David Walsh, 45, was killed in a Sunderland street in November last year after being repeatedly stabbed.Read the full story ›
David Walsh suffered 34 stab wounds when he intervened in an attack on his son on a Sunderland streetRead the full story ›
Paul Nicholson, who vanished during the trial in Newcastle, was found guilty of causing or allowing the death of his baby in his absence.Read the full story ›
During the trial's closing speeches Nicholson did not return to his bail hostel and failed to attend court.Read the full story ›
Three men accused of the murder of a Sunderland man could face trial by next May.
Dalton Barnett, Charles Lamont and Raymond Brown are all accused of killing David Walsh.
Mr Walsh, 45, of Fuller Road, Hendon, Sunderland, died after an incident at Canon Cockin Street in the city last Friday.
The three accused men appeared at Newcastle Crown Court via video link to HMP Holme House. All of them spoke only to confirm their names and were not asked to enter pleas to the murder charge.
A trial, which is estimated to last up to five weeks, has been listed for May 31 but is subject to change.
Barnett, 19, of Fuller Road, Lamont, 40, of Villette Road and Brown, 36, of Canon Cockin Street, all Sunderland, made no application for bail.
Judge Paul Sloan QC told them: "February 11 is the next time you will appear in court. In the meantime, you are remanded in custody. "
A man with a sleep disorder who had been told he should not be driving has been convicted of killing a father-of-three who was out cycling.Read the full story ›
Police are asking for the public's help to trace a man they want to find after he failed to appear at a court hearing.
Officers are carrying out enquiries to trace Wayne James Stuart - alias Wayne Gaffing, 32, of no fixed abode.
He was due to appear at Newcastle Crown Court on March 6th but failed to turn up to his hearing. A warrant has been issued by the court.
- Anyone who knows of his whereabouts are asked to call police on 101.
Witnesses claim David Blackburn was armed with a knife during the car park confrontation at Aldi in Sunderland last November.Read the full story ›
A teenager has admitted to raping a woman in a park in Newcastle.
The victim was a attacked as she walked through Exhibition Park in the city centre in the early hours of June 21.
Bobby Barclay, 18, of Edgeware Road in Gateshead, pleaded guilty to a single charge of rape at Newcastle Crown Court. Barclay will be sentenced in September after the preparation of reports, which will include an assessment of dangerousness.
McManus, who hid in a wardrobe after trying to steal items from his friend, pleaded guilty to aggravated burglary at Newcastle Crown Court.Read the full story ›