Fleetwood Town have announced that former Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi will leave the club when his contract expires this summer.
The 34-year-old joined the League One side on short-term deal until the end of the season and is one of 14 players being released by the club.
The Nigerian progressed through the youth ranks at Newcastle and spent 19 years at St James' Park before leaving in summer 2014.
Following a brief stint in Turkey with Gaziantep BB, Ameobi has spells with Crystal Palace and Bolton Wanderers before joining Fleetwood in February 2016.
Fabio Pecchia, assistant to Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez, is leaving the club to become the manager of Italian side Hellas VeronaRead the full story ›
Newcastle United winger Andros Townsend is gutted at being left out of England's 23-man squad for Euro 2016.
Townsend wrote on Twitter:
Newcastle United winger Andros Townsend has not been included in England's 23-man squad for Euro 2016.
The 24-year-old, who joined the Magpies in January 2016, had been named in the preliminary 26-man squad but is one of three players to have been axed by England boss Roy Hodgson.
Townsend will now miss this summer's tournament in France, along with Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater and Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph.
David Ginola has revealed he is home after his recent health issues - and thanked wellwishers for their support.
The 49-year-old former Newcastle and France international winger underwent quadruple heart bypass surgery.
Ginola collapsed while playing football at a celebrity golf tournament - but tweeted shortly afterwards to allay fears about his health.
And on Monday he was keen to thank people for their support, tweeting: "Home at last! Thanks so much to all of you for your incredible messages of love and affection! They do help my recovery."
Fans in Newcastle have welcomed Rafa Benitez to Newcastle (again) after he signed a new three year deal with the club yesterday.
Barber Patrick Forster says has a very special offer for the Spaniard, on the house of course:
The Chronicle - Rafa Benitez's plan to transform the Magpies as he agrees to stay
The Northern Echo - Rafa: I can lead Newcastle straight back to the Premier League and I won't have to sell a single player
The Mirror - Benitez to retain relegated club's stars, win instant promotion and then chase trophies
The Sun - Rafa wants to fire the club back to the Premier League on his first attempt
The Telegraph - Benitez accepts Newcastle challenge and will have full control at St James' Park
Rafa Benitez first act after signing a new 3 year deal at Newcastle United was to drop in at the Newcastle United Disabled Supporters Association end of season party.
The group said they were delighted he came by.
Newcastle United are have confirmed that Rafa Benitez will remain as Newcastle United manager, after signing a new three-year contract.
The deal commits the Spaniard to Tyneside until at least the summer of 2019.
The club say Benitez will have day-to-day responsibility for all football-related matters at the club.
Watch the full press conference below:
RB: "The main thing for me is that I have assurances that we will have a strong team - a winning team." #NUFC
RB: "From day one, my relationship with Lee Charnley has been really good. I'm very pleased to be working with him." #NUFC