Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has insisted he has no plans to sell the club until the end of next season at the earliest.
The sportswear magnate moved on Friday to dismiss speculation that he is ready to sell up in order to buy Scottish club Rangers, in which he already has a nine per cent stake.
A club statement said: "The truth is Mike Ashley remains committed to Newcastle United. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that for the remainder of this season and AT LEAST until the end of next season, Mike Ashley will not, under any circumstances, sell Newcastle United at any price."
Alan Pardew has dismissed reports that Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is looking to sell the club.
Speculation has been mounting that the businessman is willing to listen to offers for Newcastle as he aims to increase his stake in Glasgow giants Rangers. But Pardew said Ashley remains committed to the Magpies.
Newcastle United fans got the highest number of banning orders last season in England and Wales, figures have revealed.
There were 95 imposed on supporters of the Premier League team in the 2013/14 season according to Home Office data.
Fans of League One side Chesterfield received the second-highest number of banning orders at 22, while League Two side Shrewsbury Town saw 21 bans issued to its supporters.
The total number of football banning orders decreased by 7% to 2,273 as on September 3 2014, from 2,451 on September 20 2013.
This represents 678 new banning orders imposed during the period, on top of those already in place.
Football banning orders aim to block potential troublemakers from travelling to football matches - both at home and abroad - and are issued by the courts following a conviction for a football-related offence. They can also be issued after a complaint by the Crown Prosecution Service or a local police force.
Newcastle United have spoken of their sadness at the death of former Magpies goalkeeper Chris Harker earlier this month at the age of 77.
One of the Club's young stoppers during the mid-1950s, Harker remained at St. James' Park for a long period into the early 1960s.
Within the tribute, Newcastle United said: "The sympathies of everyone at Newcastle United go out to Chris' family and friends at this time."
Newcastle United midfielder Jack Colback has been ruled out of England's friendly against Norway due to an injury.
The 24-year-old earned his first call-up to the international squad last week but will miss tomorrow night's match at Wembley after picking up a slight knock.
Colback joined Newcastle on a free transfer from North East rivals Sunderland over the summer.
Newcastle Midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa signed a last-minute loan deal to go to Hull, and defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa went to Roma on a season-long loan.
Sunderland Defender Sebastien Coates joined on loan from Liverpool, as did Ricardo Alvarez from Inter Milan.
Valentin Roberge joined Reims on a season-long loan and Modibo Diakite left by mutual consent.
Middlesbrough Jelle Vossen signed on a season-long loan from Genk. Yanic Wildschut signed a two-year deal from Heerenveen, and Jamal Blackman arrived on loan from Chelsea.
Seb Hines joined Coventry on loan.
Hartlepool Luke James has signed for Peterborough for an undisclosed fee.
Newcastle United Football Club has unveiled a permanent memorial to supporters John Alder and Liam Sweeney, who were among the 298 passengers killed when the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crashed in eastern Ukraine.
The Alder Sweeney Memorial Garden, which has been constructed in front of the main Milburn Stand at St. James’ Park, will stand as a lasting tribute to John, Liam and all Newcastle United supporters who have sadly passed away.
Club officials including former captain Bob Moncur were joined by the families of John and Liam for a private ceremony with a blessing of the memorial garden made by Newcastle United’s club chaplain, Rev Canon Glyn Evans.
John and Liam were on their way to watch the team’s pre-season fixtures in New Zealand when they lost their lives.
The two, who were well known to many of the club’s staff, players and supporters, were remembered at Newcastle United’s first home fixture of the 2014/15 season against Manchester City, with wreathes laid by their families, captains Fabricio Coloccini and Vincent Kompany and representatives of Sunderland AFC prior to a minute’s silence.
As well as forming a focal point for remembrance, families and friends of supporters who have passed away will also be able to lay flowers and spread ashes at the Alder Sweeney Memorial Garden.
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has said he is convinced Jack Colback's move from Sunderland to Newcastle was a key factor in his first England call-up.
The 24-year-old midfielder was a surprise inclusion in Roy Hodgson's squad for next month's friendly against Norway and the Euro 2016 qualifier in Switzerland just weeks after leaving Sunderland, where he had been since the age of 10.
Pardew believes the way Colback has negotiated his controversial switch from Wearside to Tyneside will not have gone unnoticed at Soho Square.
The 53-year-old said: "It's great for north-east football, because he did a lot of this [to earn his] call-up at Sunderland."
Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew has given his reaction to the news Jack Colback has been called up to the Full England Squad for the first time.
Colback made the controversial move from Sunderland to Newcastle United during the summer.
Former Southampton defender Francis Benali is hoping to raise more than one million pounds for charity by running between every Premier League ground.
The 45-year-old started his 1,000-mile journey from St James' Park in Newcastle this morning. He's due to finish the run at St Mary's Stadium, in Southampton on September 13.