Live updates


Five masked men force way into Northallerton home

Vicars Croft, Northallerton

People living in a Northallerton house have been left shocked after five masked men forced their way into their home on Vicars Croft.

The men threatened the occupants inside at 11pm on October 18, and seriously assaulted a 26-year-old man before leaving the area. It is believed they ran off towards Bullamoor Road.

The victim was taken by ambulance to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough for treatment.

“This was a frightening attack for the occupants of the house and has no doubt caused alarm among residents.

“I’d like to reassure local people that we believe this was an isolated and targeted incident. Nevertheless, we have increased patrols in the area while extensive police enquiries are ongoing to track down the suspects.

“To help the investigation, I urge anyone who recalls seeing any suspicious activity in the area of Vicars Croft at around 11pm on Tuesday 18 October, to come forward without delay.”

– Detective Sergeant Simon Hepburn, of the Northallerton Serious Crime Team

Woman in eighties dies in A19 crash

An elderly woman has died after a three vehicle crash on the A19 in North Yorkshire.

Police say a woman in her eighties died at the scene of the incident at the A684 Ellerbeck Junction near Northallerton. She was driving a silver Skoda Fabia which was involved in a crash with a white van shortly after 10am.

Police say the driver of the van has been taken to hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

A man has been arrested in connection with the incident.


Middlesbrough woman named as Northallerton crash victim

Stacey Callaghan, 30, died in a crash near Hornsby on June 7 Credit: Callaghan Family

Police have identified a woman who died in a crash in Northallerton as Stacey Callaghan.

The 30-year-old, from Ormesby in Middlesbrough, died when the silver Ford Ka she was travelling in left the road and crashed into a telegraph pole on the B1264 near Hornby at around 3:54am on June 7.

Officers have arrested a man in his thirties in connection with the incident. He is currently in police custody for questioning.

Any witnesses are being asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101.

Load more updates