Today's top stories in the Tyne Tees region:
- Tributes left for Cameron Gosling, teenage River Wear drowning victim
- The River Wear's grim toll - fifteen die in the waters in two years
- Man steals thousands from pub threatening staff with kitchen knife
- Monster black holes discovered by Durham astronomers
- Paul Gascoigne: 'I thought my Rolex was listening to me'
- Lionesses return with World Cup bronze
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.Read the full story ›
Part of the A69 in Northumberland will be closed for two weeks overnight for resurfacing work.
A lane will be closed both ways between Tyne View Road and Plenmeller Road from 19:00-07:00.
Emma brings you Sunday night's pollen forecast for the North East region.
Emma brings you Sunday night's forecast for the North East region.
Northern Powergrid says electricity has now been restored to more than five hundred homes across the North East.
Lightning strikes and rain affected nearly seven hundred homes overnight.
More than a hundred properties are being reconnected in Darlington this afternoon.
A further 62 homes in Morpeth are expected to have power restored at around 7pm.
The body of Lisa Burbidge from Whickham, who was killed in the terrorist shootings in Tunisia, is being flown home to the UK.
Thirty-eight people - including 30 Britons - were killed when gunman Seifeddine Rezgui opened fire in the resort of Sousse.
The final five bodies of the British victims are being flown to RAF Brize Norton.
A minute's silence was observed across the UK yesterday to honour the victims.