A woman from Tyneside is among those who died in the Tunisian beach attack on Friday.
Lisa Burbidge is reported to be in her 60s and from Whickham in Gateshead.
A cloudy morning with outbreaks of rain at times.
Becoming brighter through the afternoon with some sunshine.
Breezier and feeling a little fresher. Pleasant highs of 21°C
Dry, warm and sunny for most areas this Saturday. Cloudier skies and outbreaks of rain for Sunday morning, improving by afternoonRead the full story ›
A British holidaymaker captured the scene on a Tunisian beach after a gunman opened fire at a beach resort in Sousse on Friday.Read the full story ›
The Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has said "it looks sadly as if the number of victims is going to rise" after Friday's beach attack in Tunisia.
"There are a number who haven't been formally identified but there are more British dead and more British casualties", he told ITV News.
He also said all thoughts are with the victims' family and friend after the "appalling murders"
"These murders are a stark reminder that we can never take security for granted", he added.
Six of ten Thomson Airways flights bringing approximately 2,500 Thomson and First Choice customers back from Tunisia has arrived in the UK.
A team of Thomson representatives were on hand to greet passengers as they entered the arrivals hall at the airport's Terminal 2 building.
Some people were reportedly visibly distressed as they were led away by staff within the airport.
The airport's co-ordinating chaplain, the Rev George Lane, was on site, along with a visible police presence.
Additional flights were scheduled to arrive from Gatwick, East Midlands and Doncaster airports.
There are many events taking place today to celebrate Armed Forces Day across the region. Here are some:
- BERWICK-UPON-TWEED - A weekend of exhibitions, talks, demonstrations and historical re-enactments celebrating the centuries-old military heritage of Berwick-upon-Tweed.
- CATTERICK - Catterick Garrison Families Day - aimed to celebrate the work of the Armed Forces and strengthen the bond between the military and civilian community.
- COLDSTREAM - Honour Our Troops will help you paint your very own Poppy Jars for Armsitice Night.
- HARROGATE - In partnership with Bettys, the Petal to Pot Summer Garden Party celebrates the quintessential tradition of tea and cake.
- RIPON - the whole of the Ripon market square will be filled with static displays from veterans and cadets of all three Services; a Sea Cadet marching band, breach a minefield with the Army Cadets, a Drill display by the Air Cadets.
- SCARBOROUGH - North Sea Yacht Race from Scarborough - an event paying tribute to veterans of World War Two.
- SEAHAM - Seaham Armed Forces Day will be held in Seaham Town Park.
- STOCKTON-ON-TEES - Castle Street will be closed off for a military parade.
- SUNDERLAND - Military Parade and Union Flag Waving Concert.
- WIDDRINGTON near MORPETH - Marching the Royal British Legion Standard accompanied by a Piper from Widdrington Barracks.
- YORK - events at the Black Bull Hotel including bouncy castle, face painting, hook a duck and tombola.
A woman from North Yorkshire, on holiday in Tunisia, has spoken of the moment a gunman opened fire - at the start of a killing spree that would claim dozens of lives - and how she had to flee for her life.
Ellie Makin, from Ripon, said she was on a beach when her friend suddenly shouted out just two words "Gun. Run!"
In an incredible account of survival, Ellie, seen here with her friend Debbie Horsfall, told ITV News what happened next when arrived at their hotel's reception:
The majestic sight of a tall ship arriving at port has been filmed by ITV Tyne Tees in Blyth, Northumberland, this afternoon.
The Stavros S Niarchos has been crewed by pupils from Emmanuel Schools, Gateshead, during a ten-day voyage from Southampton.
The adventure was organised by the Tall Ships Youth Trust, and our very own Ross Hutchinson was there to greet the ship's arrival.
You can see more on our evening programme at 6pm on ITV.
A man from the North East has tweeted this about events in Tunisia, where a number of people have been killed by a gunman in an attack on a beach hotel:
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.