The former girlfriend of murder victim Shane Tunney says the jail sentence handed to his killers 'is not long enough'.
The seven teenagers responsible for the 24-year-old's death were jailed for a combined total of 52 years at Teesside Crown Court.
However, Vix Cooper believes the gang should have been given longer.
Cousins Kearan Harry Davis and Kieron Terry Davis were jailed for life for murder while five other teenagers were jailed for manslaughterRead the full story ›
The friend of murder victim Shane Tunney says the 24-year-old 'saved my life' when the pair were attacked by seven teenagers in June last year.
Anthony Kirk, 21, was on his way to buy a take-away in Norton with Shane Tunney when they were assaulted in the early hours of the morning.
Mr Kirk was hit with a metal pole during the attack, while Mr Tunney was left unconscious in the road and died just over a month later in hospital.
The seven teenagers were sentenced to a total of 51 years and nine months in prison at Teesside Crown Court.
Two cousins were today jailed for life for the murder of Shane Tunney.
Kearan Terry Davis, 18, was handed a life sentence with a minimum 15 years for 24-year-old Mr Tunney's murder. Kieran Harry Davis, also 18 was handed life with a minimum 13 years.
Brandon Pitt was jailed for seven years for his manslaughter. Jake Douglas was sentenced to a minimum four-and-a-half years also for manslaughter as was Daniel Hunt.
A 16-year-old and a 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were jailed for three-years nine months and a minimum of four years respectively.
The mum of murder victim Shane Tunney has said her family has been 'shattered' by her son's death.
Seven teenagers are being sentenced at Teesside Crown Court on Monday.
A statement read out on behalf of his mother said her family has been 'shattered beyond repair.'
Statement read aloud in court on behalf of Shane Tunney's mother: "Our family has been shattered beyond repair.'
Statement from Shane Tunney's mother: 'Shane did not deserve to be so cruelly & violently taken & we do not deserve to live without him.'
The former partner of Shane Tunney has told his killer's sentencing hearing how her world 'fell apart' on the day he was murdered.
Vix Cooper read out her statement ahead of the sentencing of 24-year-old Shane's seven teenage killers.
"I will never forget the morning of 27th June 2015. It is honestly the day my whole life fell apart. I felt my whole body go cold. My stomach turned and I just went numb.
I would never wish this pain and suffering on anyone. What pains me is to know those responsible have the freedom to see and speak to loved ones. What I would give to be able to give him one last cuddle and tell him that I love him. There have been times when I have thought about how much easier things would be for me if I could be with him. There will always be a gap in my life where he should have been."
Seven people were found guilty over the killing of 24-year-old Shane Tunney - two for murder and five for manslaughter.Read the full story ›
A man has been arrested in connection with an incident in which two women were robbed by a man with a gun on Greylands Avenue, Norton on Saturday 5th March.
The 39-year-old man was arrested yesterday evening, Wednesday 9th March, on suspicion of robbery, possession of a firearm, theft and possession of a class A drug. He remains in custody.
Police are appealing for information following a robbery in which an 80-year-old woman had her handbag stolen in Norton.
The woman was approached by a man who dragged the woman to steal her handbag.
The incident took place at around 9.15pm on Thursday 4 February, in an alleyway close to the George and Dragon Public House on Norton High Street.
The man is described as aged between 20 and 30 years old, slim build, around 5ft 5” and 5ft 6” tall, wearing a grey hooded top with a dark jacket underneath.
Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding the incident or the man responsible is asked to contact police.
Cleveland Police has referred an incident in which an elderly man was hit by a patrol car to the police watchdog.
The 75-year-old man was hit in Norton, near Stockton-on-Tees, on Saturday afternoon. The patrol car was responding to an incident and collided with the man as he crossed Norton High Street. He was taken to hospital with a head injury, thought to be non life-threatening.
The police have now confirmed that they have referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission. The officer involved remains on duty.