A man slapped and burned a three-year-old boy with a cigarette after he squirted him with a water pistol.
The boy, Brooklyn Bright, was playing with his new water pistol he received for his birthday when he sprayed a passing man.
The man responded by slapping him on the hand and burning him with a cigarette.
The attack happened on Raleigh Road in Norton at 6.30pm on Monday, June 3.
The man is described as white, 6ft 4ins tall, in his late twenties, very skinny and wearing a white hard hat and a hi-vis vest at the time. He had a tattoo on one of his forearms.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on the 101
A landlord from North Yorkshire has been sent to prison for twelve months after a fire at his property killed two jockeys four years ago.
65-year-old Alan Foster failed to make even the most basic fire risk assessment before and after the tragedy.
You can watch the full report from Adam Fowler below.
A landlord from Norton in North Yorkshire has been sentenced to 12 months imprisonment for failing to take adequate fire safety precautions after two jockeys died at his flats in Norton in 2009.
Alan Foster pleaded guilty to 4 breaches and was sentenced to 12 months for each, the sentences to run concurrently. He is likely to serve 6 months before he is released on licence.
– Judge Geoffrey Marson QC
It is impossible to say what the outcome would have been for Jamie Kyne and Jan Wilson had the proper fire precautions been taken. It is clear however that their deaths would have been significantly less likely but for these breaches. The deaths of these two young people are an important aggravating feature."
Queueing traffic and road closed due to accident, three vehicles involved on A19 Northbound at A1027.Police are on the scene, affecting traffic towards Wolviston.
A man has appeared in court charged with breaching 17 fire safety regulations after the death of two jockeys in a blaze in North Yorkshire. 19-year-old Jan Wilson and 18-year-old Jamie Kyne died in a block of flats in Norton in 2009.
Alan Foster, who owns the building, entered no plea to allegations, which include problems with fire alarms and insufficient access for emergency services. His defence team reject the prosecution's claims. The case will be heard at a Crown Court in October.
Two years ago, the care-taker of the premises, Peter Brown, was jailed for a minimum of 7 and a half years for starting the fire.