Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce is to be interviewed for the vacant England job according to reportsRead the full story ›
The Wear-Tees derby has been moved to be shown on TV.
Sunderland were due to take on Middlesbrough at the Stadium of Light on Saturday August 20. It will now take place at 1.30pm on Sunday August 21 and be shown on Sky Sports.
Four of Sunderland AFC’s first five 2016-17 Premier League fixtures have been selected for live TV broadcast.
The Black Cats begin their Premier League campaign with an away trip to face Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday 13th August, with the kick-off now moved back to 5.30pm.
Sunderland’s home game with Everton has been moved to 8pm on Monday September 12.
The Black Cats’ trip to Tottenham Hotspur has been moved to at 4.30pm on Sunday September 18.
Former Newcastle United winger Charles N'Zogbia is training with Sunderland ahead of the new Premier League season.
The 30-year-old, who spent five years at St James' Park from 2004 to 2009, is a free agent after being released by Aston Villa at the end of last season.
The Frenchman will be aiming to impress his old Newcastle boss, Sam Allardyce in the hope of earning a contract at the Stadium of Light.
Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce said he hopes Beyonce fans have a good time tonight - and likened the huge concert to the Black Cats win against Chelsea.
More than 2,600 days since Boro hosted a top flight match, no NUFC and Pep starts with Big Sam. Simon O'Rourke looks at the fixture listRead the full story ›
Middlesbrough's first home game of the new Premier League season 2016/17 will be against Stoke City at the Riverside. They'll face Sunderland in the Wear - Tees derby in their first away match on Saturday the 20th of August.
- SAT 13 AUG 2016: Stoke City K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 20 AUG 2016: Sunderland K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 27 AUG 2016: West Bromwich Albion K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 10 SEP 2016: Crystal Palace K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 17 SEP 2016: Everton K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 24 SEP 2016: Tottenham Hotspur K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 01 OCT 2016: West Ham United K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 15 OCT 2016: Watford K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 22 OCT 2016: Arsenal K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT29 OCT 2016: Bournemouth K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 05 NOV 2016: Manchester City K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 19 NOV 2016: Chelsea K.O 15:00 (H)
- SAT 26 NOV 2016: Leicester City K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 03 DEC 2016: Hull City K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 10 DEC 2016: Southampton K.O. 15:00 (A)
- TUE 13 DEC 2016: Liverpool K.O. 19:45 (H)
- SAT 17 DEC 2016: Swansea City K.O. 15:00 (H)
- MON 26 DEC 2016: Burnley K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 31 DEC 2016: Manchester United K.O. 15:00 (A)
- MON 02 JAN 2017: Leicester City K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 14 JAN 2017: WatfordBarclays K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 21JAN 2017: West Ham United K.O. 15:00 (H)
- TUE 31JAN 2017: West Bromwich Albion K.O. 19:45 (H)
- SAT 04 FEB 2017: Tottenham Hotspur K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 11 FEB 2017: Everton K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 25 FEB 2017: Crystal Palace K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 04 MAR 2017: Stoke City K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 11 MAR 2017: Sunderland K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 18 MAR 2017: Manchester United K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 01 APR 2017: Swansea City K.O. 15:00 (A)
- TUE 04 APR 2017: Hull City K.O. 19:45 (A)
- SAT 08 APR 2017: Burnley K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 15 APR 2017: Arsenal K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 22 APR 2017: Bournemouth K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 29 APR 2017: Manchester City K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SAT 0 6MAY 2017: Chelsea K.O. 15:00 (A)
- SAT 13 MAY 2017: Southampton K.O. 15:00 (H)
- SUN 21 MAY 2017: Liverpool K.O. 15:00 (A)
Sunderland start the new season away at Manchester City before hosting North East rivals Middlesbrough at Stadium of LightRead the full story ›
Sunderland will take on Manchester City in the opening game of the 2016/17 season.
They'll finish the season with another away trip to Chelsea.
Middlesbrough are to take on Stoke at the Riverside in their first Premier League match of 2016.
They'll finish the season with an away game at Liverpool.
The fixtures have just been released for the 2016/17 season.
The new Premier League fixtures are to be revealed this morning (15th June) at 9am.
Sunderland and newly promoted Middlesbrough will find out who they'll face at the start of the new season.
It has already been confirmed that there will be international breaks as England attempt to qualify for the World Cup.
These will be on the following weekends:
- 29 August - 4 September
- 3-15 October
- 7-13 November
- 20-26 March 2017